NPIP Certification

Quote:
My county has a local person who does it now. She became certified last year. We're looking into what she would charge us to test our flock.
smile.png

hey QA, I replied to this on the sufficientself.com board too, but in case you see this here first --

interstate means between states i.e. crossing state lines.

if they meant movement within a state, they would say intrastate. Or really they'd probably just say 'leave your premises'.

Good luck,

Pat

Quote:
Ok, sorry, it's a typo, but they said both LOL I'll fix my post! Thanks, Pat!

In TX it is illegal to send birds, eggs, etc across state lines without being NPIP certified. They come out to your place, test a certain # of birds (I have about 30 birds, they test 10-ish or so). It's a blood test that is taken from the wing area and results are immediate.

I wouldnt say that your place has to be prestine, but I made sure that my coops were clean and all before the man came.......Here, there is no fee, UNLESS you want the NPIP certificate to be able to send birds, eggs, etc out of state. Then, the fee is $25. Not bad, IMO.

I'm sure things are different for your state, but that's just what happens here in TX

I have a friend who test. I asked him info on the NPIP program here is what he had to say.

"Hi you need to call the Ohio Poultry Assoc. 614-882-6111 for less than 300 birds it is 50.00 for one year they test about 30 birds I am a state tester I can test, also they have program for AI. They will send a tester out and test every six weeks for AI and Once a year for Pullorum Typhoid. Any way just for NPIP it is 50.00 for less than 300 birds the AI is free if you join the program."

I do not want to be a part of this program but if I have to I will.
hmm.png

Harley's girl :

I have a friend who test. I asked him info on the NPIP program here is what he had to say.

"Hi you need to call the Ohio Poultry Assoc. 614-882-6111 for less than 300 birds it is 50.00 for one year they test about 30 birds I am a state tester I can test, also they have program for AI. They will send a tester out and test every six weeks for AI and Once a year for Pullorum Typhoid. Any way just for NPIP it is 50.00 for less than 300 birds the AI is free if you join the program."

I do not want to be a part of this program but if I have to I will.
hmm.png

Ok so what exactly is AI? and thank you for getting this information for us!​

Quote:
Ok so what exactly is AI? and thank you for getting this information for us!

avian influenza

Thanks! I saw AI and I'm thinking artificially inseminating the birds and I'm trying to figure out WHY are they wanting to do that every six weeks?! My roos don't need help!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom