Nurture Right 360 Incubator Okay?

Pics
I’m having an issue keeping humidity 50-55%. Does more water = higher humidity? And dialing left increases humidity? It was awesome for a couple hours. Then I put the eggs in and couple hours later the humidity is 60%[/QUOT
OK Lady's that have them and Candled them did you use the one on your machine or a different candler ?
I used the one in the machine. Worked great!

Purchased the NR360 today from TSC. Have had it running for about 4 hours now and so far so good with temp and hunidity. I will leave it running tonight and if it's still looking good in the morning, I will put 6 Serama eggs in, and hope for the best. I have 3 hens and a roo, but hens are not broody. So happy to hear about others having success with the NR360, and hoping I can report the same success!
We have life in 4 of the 6! Oh yeah!

Attachments

• 2018-03-12-20-58-43-860.jpg
    2018-03-12-20-58-43-860.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 28
Our humidity never went above 50-52% the first 18 days then 65% during lockdown. 7/8 of our eggs developed and hatched on day 22. One never hatched and an eggtopsy showed she stopped developing around day 10. I did a lot of research and it seems about 50% during incubation is just fine and in the 60s is ok for lockdown and hatch as long as you don't open the incubator til all chicks have hatched. However since the fan seriously injured one of our chicks I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving them in there again! I was really happy with this incubator until that happened so I think we're going to try to get our money back and go with the more expensive Brinsea next time

Does it seem loud to anyone else? Maybe it's because it's in a small room but mine seems loud..
Also sounds like it's up and down with the motor.
Temperature and humidity have been perfect though.
Try kinda wiggling the lid slightly. Ours was on a wire closet rack and sometimes it got loud. I would just put my hands on the incubator and very gently shift it and it would get quiet again.

What type of thermometer/hygrometer do you guys use to verify what is inside the incubator? I see some have wires that go outside to a display and others that I guess you just stick inside?

Can you tell me how often the auto turner turns eggs? I am not seeing the info anywhere?

Back
Top Bottom