Nurture Right 360 Incubator Okay?

Pics
@Nurtureright360
Having an issue on my second run with the unit I hope you can help me with. It appears that my auto turner is no longer working. My eggs are in the same spot all the time. After the first hatch (which went great btw) I unplugged it and cleaned it before setting eggs again.
The timer when restarted was on 21 days and the turning light was on. About day 8 I moved some eggs from another incubator into it. They were right in the front and that’s where they always were each time I looked at the incubator. When I started to troubleshoot, I saw that the countdown to hatch timer was inexplicably on day 0. I thought this must be why it wasn’t turning so I changed it back to the correct days remaining but that did not help, as the same eggs are still always in the same spot. The auto turn light is on, and they will turn if I do a manual test turn, but they are not automatically turning. I’ve tried unplugging and re-plugging the adapter from the base to the top and that didn’t help either.
Hoping I don’t have a defective unit and you can help solve this.
Thanks!
I want to preface this emailed response I received from Harris Farms with the fact that it was information originally given to a lady that couldn’t get her incubator to turn at all. Some information may be applicable or none.

Two possible reasons cause this issue:

1) customer didn’t operate correctly

this customer said “the turner doesn't respond when I press the + or - once”, she need to press the + and - at that same time instead of only press + or only press -

2) cold room temperature casue egg tuner motor ’s inside motor oil viscosity increase when in this case sometimes will prevent the motor from rolling smoothly

the solution is put the incubator in a room with temp not lower than 70F and plug the incubator into power to run for 6~8 hours to warm the inside egg turner, after that, motor can rolling smoothly.

So please tell this customer to following below steps:

1) ensure the romm temperature where the incubator located not lower than 70F

2) ensure the egg turner plug being pushed fully home in the socket located on the back of the top cover

3) close the incubator (do not remove the incubator top part from the bottom) and then plug the incubator into power to run for 6~8 hours

4) then test run the egg turner by press the “+” and ”-“ once at the same time (not just press “+” or “-“, you need to press these two buttons at the same time, and if you operate correctly, will have feedback sound “BEEP…..”)

Each time you press + and - to test run the egg turner, the egg turner will run for 5 seconds; in normal working condition, the egg turner will run for 5 seconds every 60 minutes to turn eggs around 180 degrees.

I want to preface this emailed response I received from Harris Farms with the fact that it was information originally given to a lady that couldn’t get her incubator to turn at all. Some information may be applicable or none.

Two possible reasons cause this issue:

1) customer didn’t operate correctly

this customer said “the turner doesn't respond when I press the + or - once”, she need to press the + and - at that same time instead of only press + or only press -

2) cold room temperature casue egg tuner motor ’s inside motor oil viscosity increase when in this case sometimes will prevent the motor from rolling smoothly

the solution is put the incubator in a room with temp not lower than 70F and plug the incubator into power to run for 6~8 hours to warm the inside egg turner, after that, motor can rolling smoothly.

So please tell this customer to following below steps:

1) ensure the romm temperature where the incubator located not lower than 70F

2) ensure the egg turner plug being pushed fully home in the socket located on the back of the top cover

3) close the incubator (do not remove the incubator top part from the bottom) and then plug the incubator into power to run for 6~8 hours

4) then test run the egg turner by press the “+” and ”-“ once at the same time (not just press “+” or “-“, you need to press these two buttons at the same time, and if you operate correctly, will have feedback sound “BEEP…..”)

Each time you press + and - to test run the egg turner, the egg turner will run for 5 seconds; in normal working condition, the egg turner will run for 5 seconds every 60 minutes to turn eggs around 180 degrees.

Thanks for sharing the info you received :) I wish these things fixed my incubator issue. I appreciate the info though! It definitely helps to know what things the rep will want to try as they troubleshoot.

**WARNING**
We bought this incubator from Tractor Supply last month. It was our first hatch. I was very happy with it throughout incubation. 7 out of 8 of our eggs hatched. While the chicks were drying off and fluffing up they kept sticking their heads up into the fan box. The guard squares are not small enough. One of our chicks had her beak sliced halfway through by the fan! It bled and scabbed but thankfully she seemed ok. She's 1.5 weeks old now and is able to eat and drink fine, her beak is still healing and we're crossing our fingers she will be ok as she grows.

I spoke to the owner of Harris Farms, the makers of the incubator. He was genuinely apologetic and said they would be changing the mold for the fan guard.

I just want everyone here who has eggs currently set to be aware of this! I would suggest maybe pulling out each chick as they hatch to dry off somewhere else. Just make sure the humidity is at least in the 70s so the remaining chicks don't get shrink wrapped. We looked at the fan after all chicks were removed and if it's powerful enough to slice through a beak it could possibly decapitate or seriously injure a chick!

This issue happened to me too and actually knocked out one of my chicks because the fan threw her across the incubator after slicing her beak. Please, if you're using this incubator, cover the holes over the fan with a screen so your little birds can't stick their heads up there. Other than this (major) issue, I've had an excellent experience with this incubator.

@Nurtureright360
Having an issue on my second run with the unit I hope you can help me with. It appears that my auto turner is no longer working. My eggs are in the same spot all the time. After the first hatch (which went great btw) I unplugged it and cleaned it before setting eggs again.
The timer when restarted was on 21 days and the turning light was on. About day 8 I moved some eggs from another incubator into it. They were right in the front and that’s where they always were each time I looked at the incubator. When I started to troubleshoot, I saw that the countdown to hatch timer was inexplicably on day 0. I thought this must be why it wasn’t turning so I changed it back to the correct days remaining but that did not help, as the same eggs are still always in the same spot. The auto turn light is on, and they will turn if I do a manual test turn, but they are not automatically turning. I’ve tried unplugging and re-plugging the adapter from the base to the top and that didn’t help either.
Hoping I don’t have a defective unit and you can help solve this.
Thanks!

Have you tried unplugging the entire incubator (with the days set to 8 days) and plugging back in? Sorry it sounds so simple, but I had the same issue and this worked for me. I was frustrated because I readjusted the days but the turner didn't start turning again until a unplugged the entire thing and plugged back in. I'm curious to see if it works for you! So frustrating!!! Also, if you haven't seen the warning, please make sure to cover the holes guarding the fan with screen so your little chicks don't get their beak sliced off by sticking their head up there. A flaw in design!

Have you tried unplugging the entire incubator (with the days set to 8 days) and plugging back in? Sorry it sounds so simple, but I had the same issue and this worked for me. I was frustrated because I readjusted the days but the turner didn't start turning again until a unplugged the entire thing and plugged back in. I'm curious to see if it works for you! So frustrating!!! Also, if you haven't seen the warning, please make sure to cover the holes guarding the fan with screen so your little chicks don't get their beak sliced off by sticking their head up there. A flaw in design!

Thanks so much! I just unplugged it for about a minute so I’ll watch it and see if it starts auto turning again! :fl The strange thing is that it’s still reading 8 days remaining to hatch after I unplugged it and plugged it back in. The instructions sure make it sound like it’s supposed to go back to 21 days when it’s plugged in but maybe not :confused:
If this doesn’t work I’ll try to reset it to factory settings.
Thankfully, @WVduckchick gave me the heads-up about the fan issue right after I bought this ‘bator. I emailed Harris Farms and they sent me the silicone guard very quickly so I was able to get that put on at lockdown.

Thanks so much! I just unplugged it for about a minute so I’ll watch it and see if it starts auto turning again! :fl The strange thing is that it’s still reading 8 days remaining to hatch after I unplugged it and plugged it back in. The instructions sure make it sound like it’s supposed to go back to 21 days when it’s plugged in but maybe not :confused:
Thankfully, @WVduckchick gave me the heads-up about the fan issue right after I bought this ‘bator. I emailed Harris Farms and they sent me the silicone guard very quickly so I was able to get that put on at lockdown.

Glad to help! :)

I just finished a hatch, and have mostly used mine as a hatcher, but I'll go put the turner divider back in with some test eggs and see if my turner is working.. I transferred eggs to it on about day 15, then removed the divider on day 18 and I didn't pay attention if they actually turned on those few days or not. :p

Please try below suggestion:
1) unplug the incubator power connector which located on the back of the incubator top cover for 2 minutes
2) replug that power connector, ensure the connector is pushed fully home in its socket
3) reset the incubator by pressing “MENU” and “-“ buttons at the same time for around 5 seconds until you hear sound feedback, and screen blink once, it means incubator has been successfully reseted, the hatch day count down now will back to 21 day, you can press the MENU button to check, if now the days show 21, means you have reset successfully.
4) then adjust hatch days to the actual correct hatch day remaining
5) wait for couple hours to check if the eggs are moving

Please let us know if this works.

It is correct the reading still is 8 days after you unplug and replug power, the incubator has memory function to avoid power outage will clear the hatch days countdown data.

It means after each hatch when countdown to 0 day, the incubator won't auto back to 21 days when replug it for next round of hatch, we need to manually adjust the hatch days to 21 days, or reset incubator to have timer countdown again from 21 day, both methods works.

This issue happened to me too and actually knocked out one of my chicks because the fan threw her across the incubator after slicing her beak. Please, if you're using this incubator, cover the holes over the fan with a screen so your little birds can't stick their heads up there. Other than this (major) issue, I've had an excellent experience with this incubator.

Please contact Harris Farms LLC, they will send an additional fan cover, when you receive it, it can be installed onto your incubator within 10 seconds.

Please try below suggestion:
1) unplug the incubator power connector which located on the back of the incubator top cover for 2 minutes
2) replug that power connector, ensure the connector is pushed fully home in its socket
3) reset the incubator by pressing “MENU” and “-“ buttons at the same time for around 5 seconds until you hear sound feedback, and screen blink once, it means incubator has been successfully reseted, the hatch day count down now will back to 21 day, you can press the MENU button to check, if now the days show 21, means you have reset successfully.
4) then adjust hatch days to the actual correct hatch day remaining
5) wait for couple hours to check if the eggs are moving

Please let us know if this works.

This worked! Thank you so much for responding! :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom