Nurture Right 360 temp fluctuating

When we fo
Oh my goodness!!! So cute! I had some Guineas in my incubator before the storm hit. We were out of power for 3 days and they didn’t make it 😢. How do you go about selling chickens and hatching eggs? I’d love to make a business out of this. It would be great to make a living off of doing something I love, but I don’t know how to start
For the chicks, we have a family owned feed store here who takes all of ours. We just trade them for orchard grass bails for our goats.

We don't sell the hatching eggs. Id like to, but shipping seems like a nightmare. There isn't a very large quail population here, so I've considered somehow selling them - but haven't done anything seriously yet.

When we fo

For the chicks, we have a family owned feed store here who takes all of ours. We just trade them for orchard grass bails for our goats.

We don't sell the hatching eggs. Id like to, but shipping seems like a nightmare. There isn't a very large quail population here, so I've considered somehow selling them - but haven't done anything seriously yet.
I think a lot of quail shoots buy quail. There’s a women’s shoot out here every year. You might check those! I want to sell hatching eggs too. Let me know if you figure out how!

I think a lot of quail shoots buy quail. There’s a women’s shoot out here every year. You might check those! I want to sell hatching eggs too. Let me know if you figure out how!
Yep - the sport shooters usually want Bob white quail. They can fly. What we have are the more common Cortunix. Kind of a dual purpose that can kinda fly.

Most places require a permit to own Bob white quail too.

Yep - the sport shooters usually want Bob white quail. They can fly. What we have are the more common Cortunix. Kind of a dual purpose that can kinda fly.

Most places require a permit to own Bob white quail too.
Oh wow! That’s so interesting! My in laws are having hatching eggs sent to us. I’ve never heard of these chickens. It says their game fowl. Have you ever heard of Herold brown grey’s or Nesmith’s? They’re beautiful! I can’t figure out what color egg they lay, because there’s not much info on them online. I’m excited to get to hatch more babies!!

Oh wow! That’s so interesting! My in laws are having hatching eggs sent to us. I’ve never heard of these chickens. It says their game fowl. Have you ever heard of Herold brown grey’s or Nesmith’s? They’re beautiful! I can’t figure out what color egg they lay, because there’s not much info on them online. I’m excited to get to hatch more babies!!
I haven't. I honest, technically don't know why some have a "fowl" distinction, but look like a chicken. Guinea fowl, pea fowl, etc are all obvious why they are different.

@fluffycrow have you heard of these? I googled them and they look like your type of breed - the nesmiths atleast.

I haven't. I honest, technically don't know why some have a "fowl" distinction, but look like a chicken. Guinea fowl, pea fowl, etc are all obvious why they are different.

@fluffycrow have you heard of these? I googled them and they look like your type of breed - the nesmiths atleast.
I’m guessing they lay blue eggs, because of the comb. The hens look like my prairie bluebells

Getting yourself in true gamefowl territory I see! I believe I've heard of them before. I'm not really an American gamefowl guy though. Better ask the American gamefowl peeps. Like @sdm111 and @Florida Bullfrog . Most (if not all) gamefowl lay creme eggs though

Getting yourself in true gamefowl territory I see! I believe I've heard of them before. I'm not really an American gamefowl guy though. Better ask the American gamefowl peeps. Like @sdm111 and @Florida Bullfrog . Most (if not all) gamefowl lay creme eggs though
so what then is the reason for the "fowl" or "gamefowl" distinction? What makes them different than a chicken?

so what then is the reason for the "fowl" or "gamefowl" distinction? What makes them different than a chicken?

Their inherent friendliness and fighting ability, as well as their intelligence. Their whole body is built very differently than the regular chicken. When we say a bird is game we mean that a bird can fight. But we can't call them gamebirds, because those are pheasants and such. Hence gamefowl

Their inherent friendliness and fighting ability, as well as their intelligence. Their whole body is built very differently than the regular chicken. When we say a bird is game we mean that a bird can fight. But we can't call them gamebirds, because those are pheasants and such. Hence gamefowl
To say a game is"game" means it will continue to fight till it or the opponent dies even while being cut or stabbed by a knife or gaff attached over its natural spur. Gamefowl is another term for fighting chickens. If someone doesn't have the means to house them individually even the hens or can't just have pairs it will end up in a bloodbath eventually. And no you can't stop what has been bred I yo them for thousands of years . No amount of hugs and talking to will do it. That's why games get a bad rap. If you can't house them correctly then don't get any

Back
Top Bottom