NY chicken lover!!!!

wnyegger - the story you shared made it to my news. Very sad. Hope the family finds a point of comfort.

Low teens here - and all the chickies raring to get out of the coop this morning - all doing fine and running about checking their favorite spots before settling down under the truck to find a spot with no wind and sunlight.

Changing phones - cleaning up pictures - anyone know what type of snake this is ? Anyone want to buy a Galaxy S3 deep purple in mint condition?
idunno.gif
Changed from Sprint to another carrier and my phone only works with Sprint.

Definitely milk snake, harmless but will eat eggs
smile.png

A question for anyone in here who wants ducks - I am thinking of putting an order in with holderreads for some new blood for my welsh harlequin flock and was wondering if anyone else wanted to order with me. Nutty is also looking into whether there is any interest and she might get some for me at her feed store if she can find enough people, but I thought I'd ask here too and spare her the trouble if possible. Holderreads is the best place to order ducks and geese from if you want quality birds. They sell breeder quality and top show quality ducklings and geese out of special pairings. They really know their stuff. If anyone is interested let me know. Even if you live really far from me, if you are going to the picnic this year I could bring them then.

A question for anyone in here who wants ducks - I am thinking of putting an order in with holderreads for some new blood for my welsh harlequin flock and was wondering if anyone else wanted to order with me. Nutty is also looking into whether there is any interest and she might get some for me at her feed store if she can find enough people, but I thought I'd ask here too and spare her the trouble if possible. Holderreads is the best place to order ducks and geese from if you want quality birds. They sell breeder quality and top show quality ducklings and geese out of special pairings. They really know their stuff. If anyone is interested let me know. Even if you live really far from me, if you are going to the picnic this year I could bring them then.
If they still had their Magpies I would seriously consider it, but I just checked the other day and it looks like they don't have them anymore...

...But I should have some come picnic time if any one wants some!

Definitely milk snake, harmless but will eat eggs
smile.png

I saw one of these under my mailbox ..this summer ...I think it came across the road .
I havent seen snakes in a while here ..I think the chickens get all the bugs ..
So theres no food for them here

Anyone have any bbs or black cochin hatching eggs for sale as far as Rochester? Or Black silkie hatching eggs. I really want to find nankin hatching eggs but I cant find any.

When I had RIReds in my father in laws barn there was a huge probably six foot milk snake hanging out around the barn. Never lost any eggs. It would scare the crap out of me if it suprised me. It always shook its tail like it was a rattler, I think some people get confused and think they are poisenous and call them spotted aders. I've picked them up and never had one agressive (sceam lika girl and jump up and down first but afterwards I can pick them up).

Anyone have any bbs or black cochin hatching eggs for sale as far as Rochester? Or Black silkie hatching eggs. I really want to find nankin hatching eggs but I cant find any.

KE5HD (think that's right) has show quality bantam Cochins. But in LaFayette, just south of Syracuse. He has pictures on his FB page, Sycamore Bend Farm.

So I have my incubator on day 3 of it's first test run! 37 eggs of a mixed variety, heavy layers from my chickens and two of my friends.
If this works out, I would love to get some Silver Laced Wyandottes and Blue Laced Red Wyandottes and maybe more puffy English Orpingtons.
Does anyone know where I could purchase eggs of these, preferably within a 1-2 hour drive of Albany, NY? I've heard shipping them lowers hatch rates...maybe I'm wrong?
Sarah

If they still had their Magpies I would seriously consider it, but I just checked the other day and it looks like they don't have them anymore...

...But I should have some come picnic time if any one wants some!

Let me know if you do. Not that I WILL order ducks but if the timing is right I might.

Back
Top Bottom