NY chicken lover!!!!

My 6 ducks are absolutely terrified of these guineas lol

Have you quarantined them? I don't mean to scare you but if you don't you can introduce all manner of awful illnesses to your birds if the guineas happen to be carrying something. Guineas themselves are fairly healthy and hardy but if they've been kept with chickens it's a definite possibility.

Good morning all- Hope you, your family and your flocks are doing well! Sorry i have not been on here at all but i have been completely swamped. We moved my daughter down to Florida last month and got her set up for college and a job. I am finishing up a lot of work on a house I plan to put up for sale hopefully Monday.

My flock is doing well overall. Except they seem to have gone on strike and the juveniles are so light they are flying the 6' fence. I am running through about 1500 lbs of feed a month with them. Time to reduce to a few breeds, I think. But, how do you decide who stays & who goes?

Good morning all-  Hope you, your family and your flocks are doing well! Sorry i have not been on here at all but i have been completely swamped. We moved my daughter down to Florida last month and got her set up for college and a job. I am finishing up a lot of work on a house I plan to put up for sale hopefully Monday. 

My flock is doing well overall. Except they seem to have gone on strike and the juveniles are so light they are flying the 6' fence.  I am running through about 1500 lbs of feed a month with them. Time to reduce to a few breeds, I think. But, how do you decide who stays & who goes?

1500lbs??

Good morning all-  Hope you, your family and your flocks are doing well! Sorry i have not been on here at all but i have been completely swamped. We moved my daughter down to Florida last month and got her set up for college and a job. I am finishing up a lot of work on a house I plan to put up for sale hopefully Monday. 

My flock is doing well overall. Except they seem to have gone on strike and the juveniles are so light they are flying the 6' fence.  I am running through about 1500 lbs of feed a month with them. Time to reduce to a few breeds, I think. But, how do you decide who stays & who goes?
how many birds do you have?

What's everyone's take on lockup time after a predator attack? My amber link roo was just assaulted by a falcon.
let them out, shoot predator.
1f606.png

I shot,it dropped my roo and flew away. But I could swear I had read somewhere to keep then looked up for a week or something like that so the predator moves on. I don't think I hit it and if I did not too well

Back
Top Bottom