Observations on Mottling and its many allelic mutations

So its mo, then? All I know is the mother looked like typical mottling, not mo^j.
Yes, currently known as mo, but could be just another mutation of recessive mottling and we eventually call it, mo^e for European mottling mutation, but for now is just mo for recessive mottling(both research work did not provided an official mutation naming so for the time being at least the Japanese mottling version is mo^j)

can I borrow your pictures of the chick down so I can show them to d’Anvers breeders and compare with mottled d’Anvers?
The pictures are not mine, but are posted here for educational purposes. I would in fact request your help here that if you are able to source pictures of Black Mottled d'Anvers so we can confirm what type of mottling they currently have(could be d'uccle type mo^d or mo)

Yes, currently known as mo, but could be just another mutation of recessive mottling and we eventually call it, mo^e for European mottling mutation, but for now is just mo for recessive mottling(both research work did not provided an official mutation naming so for the time being at least the Japanese mottling version is mo^j)

The pictures are not mine, but are posted here for educational purposes. I would in fact request your help here that if you are able to source pictures of Black Mottled d'Anvers so we can confirm what type of mottling they currently have(could be d'uccle type mo^d or mo)
Would it help if I tracked my results from my trio of my mottleds?

Thanks!

Here is a mottled d'Anvers chick. Strangely, they appear to express regular European mottling. Not as much as the OEGB though. Many d'Anvers varieties have been crossed in using OEGB. Could this be the case for d'Anvers?
FB_IMG_1569368353622.jpg

Here is a mottled d'Anvers chick. Strangely, they appear to express regular European mottling. Not as much as the OEGB though. Many d'Anvers varieties have been crossed in using OEGB. Could this be the case for d'Anvers?
View attachment 1917166
I would think so.
My plan to create more d'Uccle colors is to cross in OEGB so it's probably a logical step.

Back
Top Bottom