OCTOBER chicken sacrifice protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just curious. I trap furbearing animals soley for the hide. I do not eat any of the meat. I place all the carcasses back into the woods so animals and bugs can eat them.
I’m just bewildered that with all the laws and negative publicity pertaining to humane animal treatment, animal rights nut jobs, and the commercial food industry that this is still allowed. Sacrificing animals seems to be the most wasteful of all of it. All in the name of whatever. Just seems odd. I suppose everyone needs to be in some kind of club.
Well, what about those animal sacrifices that are eaten? I assume you're fine with it?

@Dona Worry a bunch of animals that die of unknown causes shouldnt be eaten. thats delusional to think that anything should eat a week old chick that dies and sits in the dirt for 12 hours. broiler chicks only live 6-8 weeks depending on the producer and the order. you get most of the losses during the first couple weeks and do most culling then as well when there isnt anything to eat but bones guts and feathers. many days you wont have but a couple losses as the get to full size but really like i said before who wants to eat a chicken after it has sad in dirt and feces for an unknown ammount of time, has been half eaten by the other chickens and in some cases the birds are literally falling apart in your hands..

large producers have plans for unexpected loss, we had a glitch kill 60,000 chickens just days before harvest and they were all used for chicken meal, they use all the bits.

lol i never said anything about there practices being wasteful or otherwise. you keep using examples to prove your point that are invalid and jumping to illogical conclusions and making wild assumptions

Last edited:
@Dona Worry a bunch of animals that die of unknown causes shouldnt be eaten. thats delusional to think that anything should eat a week old chick that dies and sits in the dirt for 12 hours. broiler chicks only live 6-8 weeks depending on the producer and the order. you get most of the losses during the first couple weeks and do most culling then as well when there isnt anything to eat but bones guts and feathers. many days you wont have but a couple losses as the get to full size but really like i said before who wants to eat a chicken after it has sad in dirt and feces for an unknown ammount of time, has been half eaten by the other chickens and in some cases the birds are literally falling apart in your hands..

large producers have plans for unexpected loss, we had a glitch kill 60,000 chickens just days before harvest and they were all used for chicken meal, they use all the bits.
I never said they should, just wondering how it isn't considered wasteful by roosterhavoc. I personally don't care all that much, commercial food production isn't very glamorous no matter where you are in the chain of production. Stuff happens, animals die, milk gets spoiled, grain rots or gets eaten by rats, but let's not pretend it isn't wasteful.
I know how much food gets wasted, and religious sacrifices aren't even a drop in the bucket, and it is absolutely laughable to hone in on that as an example of waste.

If these people who sacrifice animals eat meat throughout the year which has obviously been slaughtered at some point the whole sacrifice isn’t valid. I don’t see how purchasing a chicken and then slicing its throat and then either eating it or burning it is a sacrifice at all. You would have to raise the animal yourself I would think.
It’s just killing. You can spin it any way you want.

I never said they should, just wondering how it isn't considered wasteful by roosterhavoc. I personally don't care all that much, commercial food production isn't very glamorous no matter where you are in the chain of production. Stuff happens, animals die, milk gets spoiled, grain rots or gets eaten by rats, but let's not pretend it isn't wasteful.
I know how much food gets wasted, and religious sacrifices aren't even a drop in the bucket, and it is absolutely laughable to hone in on that as an example of waste.
What I’m getting at since you’re still missing the point is imo sacrificing animals seems like quite the cult following of BS.
I’ve never said a single word about waste in food production.

I think ALL religion is the cult following of BS, but I'll defend someone's right to practice it.
I don’t care about anyone’s religion but I can’t say I support or condone the killing of animals if zero parts are being used. That would just be killing for amusement.
If you’re gonna stand around in some back alley chanting while a goat is being burned you could at least take the hide off and make a quick sandwich.

I don’t care about anyone’s religion but I can’t say I support or condone the killing of animals if zero parts are being used. That would just be killing for amusement.
If you’re gonna stand around in some back alley chanting while a goat is being burned you could at least take the hide off and make a quick sandwich.
Like I said, repeatedly, most animal sacrifices ARE eaten.

I really don't see how it's any different to the animal if you say a few religious words as you kill them or not.

A 30 second google search tells me the most likely people to sacrifice animals in the USA-- certain sects of Judaism and Santeria-- both eat their sacrifices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom