Ended Official BYC Contest - Post Your Best (Worst) Chicken Molt Pictures - 2021

Yes, I think you should - here is my Muscovy Drake during his 1st molt - I had no idea what was happening to him until I contacted a rescue group and they told me he was molting!View attachment 2824128
I want to “second” this request. I would love to see a waterfowl specific contest! I think the turkeys should have their own contest as they are the worst molters of all and no one can compete against them! Btw, your drake is gorgeous, even mid-molt!

My poor Jersey girl here, she was rescued from a place where she was horribly overbred, so she looked rough when I got her, but now, poor girl just looks awful. Hopefully after this molt she will look fluffy and fabulous again.
PXL_20210906_182456171~2.jpg

6E8210FD-E61D-4B8C-B79B-D9AB545E4388.jpeg
I’m honestly not sure if Mari started her first molt early, or if she just developed male-pattern baldness, but she looks like a vulture. The saddle was shielding her poor naked back from the sun, but I took it off today in case she really is starting her molt. My poor flock got overtreaded by a nasty rooster this summer :mad:

My poor Jersey girl here, she was rescued from a place where she was horribly overbred, so she looked rough when I got her, but now, poor girl just looks awful. Hopefully after this molt she will look fluffy and fabulous again.
View attachment 2824605
This makes me happy to hear that you rescued her and are giving her a great life

Back
Top Bottom