Nifty-Chicken

Administrator
Staff member
13 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
Winners announced here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/580968/official-byc-contest-worst-chicken-molt-pictures-fall-winter-2011/420#post_8409264

Okay, it's that time of year again where our birds start their metamorphosis into... well, okay, they don't turn into anything, but it sure is interesting to see them go through their molting process and leaving feathers all over the place!

The contest is simple: Post pictures of your birds in the worst part of their molt. Once we're past the molting season our esteemed panel of judges will pick a looser... er... winner!

The winner will receive a free 12 month GFM for themselves or a friend.

The rules are simple too:

1) Must be your chicken
2) Must be a picture taken THIS YEAR, so probably within the last few weeks and over the next couple months (depending on your climate, birds, etc.)

Good luck to you and your ugly... er.. molting chickens!

(here is a example... not an entry because this is from our hen a few years ago)

Contest ends Ends 12/31/2011 !!

Last edited:

chick4chix

Songster
10 Years
Jun 4, 2009
So Cal
Oh fun- I'm charging my camera right now. My girls are so ugly -they feel sorry for themselves

Looking forward to seeing some of the competition

<3ChickenForever

Fire Is Catching
8 Years
Feb 20, 2011
WI
I just took these pics today! Here they are:

Tinky,

Eve,

Alice,

Lila,

Last edited:

chookhead

Songster
8 Years
Sep 7, 2011
sorry i dotn have any but my chickens are slow molters so they just leave feather lying around without actually looking like there molting sorry maybe coz there production breeds

Top Bottom