OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I'm probably further than you want to drI've but just in case you or anyone else on here want any, I have 5 mixed Andalusian/Buff Orpington boys that need to go.

I am in Ashland county.

If I remember right they were all light colored. I gave the rooster away to some friends last summer. He was always fighting my large maran rooster, the one I got from loveourbirds. He put the marans eye out, so I rehomed him. He looked a lot like the pic of roo above. Like I said earlier, the one hen is pure white and the other hen is a blueish gray. They are such nice birds. The ones I get from murray mcmurray are darker browns. But I am still getting pretty eggs! I don't know which hen lays which color, but they range in color from light blue to med blue with one that is a light olive green. If I could send pics to you I would. Maybe when I get a laptop I'll send you a pic.
that would be neat to see them. I'm sorry the roo turned out aggressive. Thay one I kept has always been so sweet to everyone. He's only ever been aggressive with dogs that are near his women.

Last edited:
I quickly candled a couple of the eggs when I was flipping them last night, and there are definitely SFH developing and GL brahma developing. Didnt see anything in the jubilee orpingtons, possibley one, but its still really early, so I'm hoping. I have never had luck with jubilee orpingtons, this is my 4th attempt at hatching them. I've only had one chick at out of the first 3 attempts, but it died a couple of days later. So hopefully fate is kind this time, everything else hatches except for the jubilee, had black polish hatch last week. 5/6 hatched, and the last started but never zipped from the pip. And on top of that, I had bought a jubilee orpington cockerel, but that caused me to have to cull my flock and start over. So now I just have a couple of chicks in my room, and what was in a pen away from the main coop that were babies that a hawk didnt get through the fence. I have zero luck with jubilee orpingtons.

I have a small chest freezer I want to turn into a bator...but I need plans & materials.
I'm asking $75 for the whole kit on 1 lg incubator. This inclues 1 incubator, 1 fan, 1 turner.

Text me about this. My internet was down for a week.

Would anyone in ohio be willing to trade some eggs? I currently could trade some bbs Ameraucana. Open to anything
1f609.png

I wish I had eggs to trade. Nobody is laying yet. I'm just north of you in Stark county.

if you want to trade bbs ameraucana for ancona duck eggs, I would love to trade. I need more BBS blood for my small flock.

It's been pretty cold here in Cincinnati but today I went to feed and water them and saw 3 eggs.(I have 3 birds)

Anyone else have eggs already? Is this just a fluke?

It's been pretty cold here in Cincinnati but today I went to feed and water them and saw 3 eggs.(I have 3 birds)

Anyone else have eggs already? Is this just a fluke?
not a fluke. Mine have been laying since late december. My ducks have been 8 for 9 and 9 for 9 here lately.

Back
Top Bottom