***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Quote:
Awwwww! Well I'm so glad he loves Dorothy, but we're going to get you some colored egglayers come warmer weather. I have to get Einstein set up with his own harem and we'll give it a month and by spring we should have you set up!

Quote:
Awwwww! Well I'm so glad he loves Dorothy, but we're going to get you some colored egglayers come warmer weather. I have to get Einstein set up with his own harem and we'll give it a month and by spring we should have you set up!
Aww that's super sweet of you, but I promise we love her and are super happy to have her. I wouldn't trade her for even a turquoise egg layer! :) thank you tho, you know his favorite chicken in the whole world is the silkie we got from you? Her name is little blue, I'll post a Couple pics
She was the fiestiest chick ever, sparred with everything that moved, but it's definitely a pullet. Arlo takes her on walks around the property a lot.

Aww that's super sweet of you, but I promise we love her and are super happy to have her. I wouldn't trade her for even a turquoise egg layer! :) thank you tho, you know his favorite chicken in the whole world is the silkie we got from you? Her name is little blue, I'll post a Couple pics

She was the fiestiest chick ever, sparred with everything that moved, but it's definitely a pullet. Arlo takes her on walks around the property a lot.

OMG I just LOVE that! I'm just so thrilled she is in such a good and loving home. And I have to say that any of us here would happily adopt Arlo any day of the week!

Goliath had frostbite almost on his comb, it was getting black. we got him in the house in time, it has reddened right back up. But i am worried because all he wants to do is sleep in his cage. He is drinking a little but not eating much, picked at his scrambled eggs... .We wormed him, have given him yogurt via a syringe and chicken gatorade... I am also concerned because it seems his sense of balance is off, his is head down a lot. I have him stand in his cage in the house. He is so gentle he is a snuggler anyway but this is unusual. He is a gorgeous black french copper maran and I do not want to lose him. His eyes seem bright when is is awake. I will post pics shortly... any ideas? do chickens get fevers? remember newbie here.

Ideas He has seemed to perk up a tad after the yogurt and water and being out amongst the family. But falls asleep off and on. When he is asleep his head moves repetitivlu back and forth like he is reading. Idk

Any ideas on.what else we could do for him?

do you have any nutridrench? that will help allot, i would think you are dealing with exposure and dehydration as well as frostbite, the best food would be dampened feed, they love it and it will get extra fluids into him

Ideas He has seemed to perk up a tad after the yogurt and water and being out amongst the family. But falls asleep off and on. When he is asleep his head moves repetitivlu back and forth like he is reading. Idk

Any ideas on.what else we could do for him?
I'm learning best through experience. Last winter I had a little Welsummer pullet get wry neck in the brooder. @Kyzmette told me vitamin e and selenium would help, so we started her on that and vitamin D3 plus niacin and put ACV in her water. Lots of boiled eggs for protein. She wouldn't eat at first so hubby tubed her w/ high protein feed and
water. In a few days she started eating. I really thought she wouldn't get any better, but we didn't give up and kept the vitamins up for at least a month,and she ended up normal after awhile.
@NanaKat named her Molly for me after Molly Brown, since she overcame great odds. Since then I've had a few chickens injured or something and act off balance. We followed the same regimen. Right now, I have a LF game pullet that was acting a lot like your boy. She was sleeping in the coop and didn't get up to eat when I fed. We brought her in, but she couldn't get her neck down to eat and she really wanted too, so she'd just lay there and sleep nodding. I think one of the young roosters injured her somehow, but in case it was something else we gave her Amoxicillian along with the vit e sel etc. Since she couldn't drink and would run into the bars of the cage any time she tried like being off balance. It's hard to explain. We tube fed her w/food and water. Hubby and I decided if she didn't get any better w/in about 10 days we would put her down. She did and now is a member of the household because she isn't used of the cold now. I hate when it's winter and I have to bring them in for very long because I'm so afraid to put them back out if it's cold. My big Christmas present was a dozen chicken diapers. LOL I should put them out in the day on warmer days and bring them back in at night and maybe get them used to the cold again. I really don't know and haven't asked anyone on here what they do. Oh I did ask Robin and she said she felt the same way. I sincerely hope your boy gets better. It's hard when you have one that u really like or love and they get hurt or sick. I never know what to do and just try. But I would get advice from people on here and try it. Sometimes it takes a long time, like it did the Welsummer pullet, who now lays me nice brown eggs. I'll add your boy to my prayers.

Last edited:
do you have any nutridrench? that will help allot, i would think you are dealing with exposure and dehydration as well as frostbite, the best food would be dampened feed, they love it and it will get extra fluids into him
I never thought of that. It makes sense, but would he rock or nod like that if that is all it is?

Back
Top Bottom