***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I didn;t check the black cochin babies you got from me.  Have you been able to tell yet what they are.  Was just wondering on my new jubilee babies.  What is weird, a couple of them have like dark stripes on their backs...does that indicate male or femail?

No, I believe that is due to my mixing two different breeder's lines, and then recessive genes popping up. They should all feather out similarly in the end. If you follow the Jubilee thread on BYC, you'll see some who say they should be all yellow and some who say it doesn't matter, and you can select for either to breed, but I haven't gotten that far yet. And, I'm not sure they make for the prettiest chickens. We'll see!

Time to ask for help. I've had Bumpers inside, and she hasn't laid an egg in days. Her belly is pretty large, and she hasn't been eating today. What do you guys think... warm bath and a safflower oil enema tonight? Or would you make other suggestions? I'm really worried about her.

Time to ask for help. I've had Bumpers inside, and she hasn't laid an egg in days. Her belly is pretty large, and she hasn't been eating today. What do you guys think... warm bath and a safflower oil enema tonight? Or would you make other suggestions? I'm really worried about her.

could she be an internal egg layer? how firm is her belly?

Pretty firm. She's a daily layer, like clockwork, never had a problem until recently. She's a TSC production red, though, and she's got to be four or five years old now, so she might be slowing down. Shes not crooning or making any laying motions. I even put an egg in the tub with her, and she's ignoring it.

Pretty firm. She's a daily layer, like clockwork, never had a problem until recently. She's a TSC production red, though, and she's got to be four or five years old now, so she might be slowing down. Shes not crooning or making any laying motions. I even put an egg in the tub with her, and she's ignoring it.
sounds like she may be, but my RIR is about her age, lays occasionally- not regular any more, if she isn't in distress, i'd just keep an eye on her

sounds like she may be, but my RIR is about her age, lays occasionally- not regular any more, if she isn't in distress, i'd just keep an eye on her

Guh, that's so hard to do. This is Bumpers, THE Bumpers, my Bumpy! She's not doing the standard chicken distress stuff, but everything I know about her seems off. I just know she's hurting, even if she's not acting out, because she's a quiet sufferer. Her whole vibe is bad.

I need a glass of wine.

Guh, that's so hard to do. This is Bumpers, THE Bumpers, my Bumpy! She's not doing the standard chicken distress stuff, but everything I know about her seems off. I just know she's hurting, even if she's not acting out, because she's a quiet sufferer. Her whole vibe is bad.

I need a glass of wine.

Oh no. I hope she's better today. We all know you love Bumpers.

Back
Top Bottom