***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Quote:
nankat,
I'm glad to hear it isn't anything too serious and that she is doing better. Does she have bone spurs developing to cause the additional pain? We will keep her and your family in our thoughts..

Quote:
If I caught a Nap I would never sleep at night, been popping up at all hours as it is..

I admit to having issues... one of those issues is that I hate sleeping at night. It bothers me, I don't know why because I'm not afraid of the dark. I'm just AWAKE at night and it takes forever for me to fall asleep. I actually sleep better during the day than I do at night. However, night shift is not possible with James and the kids, so every now and then I catch one as a treat to myself. If that doesn't make me sound like a weirdo, nothing will.
lol.png

Quote:
here is a suggestion, i am currently trying it, so can't say its 100%, but talking to some oldersters they swear by it, get some aluminum pie tins, tie them to either trees or poles around the area your chickens like to roam, about 2 foot length of string so they will twist and twirl, mine are about 20 feet spacing, supposedly the shiny reflection deters hawks- they also said to move them periodically- say once a month, hopefully they are right and it will work

Quote:
here is a suggestion, i am currently trying it, so can't say its 100%, but talking to some oldersters they swear by it, get some aluminum pie tins, tie them to either trees or poles around the area your chickens like to roam, about 2 foot length of string so they will twist and twirl, mine are about 20 feet spacing, supposedly the shiny reflection deters hawks- they also said to move them periodically- say once a month, hopefully they are right and it will work

gig.gif
My family already thinks I'm nuts. If they happened to come over and I had pie tins hanging like alien radar dishes from my trees they'd have me commited lol!
(I do see how it would scare a hawk though).

Quote:

I have used cd's for my garden to keep smaller birds away. I have so much open pasture it would be hard to hang anything shinny @ my farm. the birds do have a small covered area next to the barn, but I like the birds to have free range. I know loosing birds is a down side to free range. We do have birds that will probally never free range, but all our LF do free range. I plan on putting up some Martin houses up in the spring -- hope that the martins really do keep the hawks away.

Back
Top Bottom