***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Good morning Okie's!

Looks like everyone is enjoying this cold snap! We are suppose to get a freeze tonight. Not going to make it fun working with the birds for the show. I have been sick for a couple of days so we are way behind!

Morning.
Getting some rain this morning. Hope it moves on thru so we don't have to fight it on the trip.
Faeri,I'm with you on the fixin food for the better half and they not appreciating it! I do the cooking here and hate when the DW won't eat what I fix. Makes it hard to hold my tongue sometimes!
smack.gif
lol I so want a blender to make those smoothies. I think I would consume more fruits that way.

Kass I can't imagine how you make meat out of eggs,please elaborate!
idunno.gif

Robin sorry about the cochin. It hurts to lose those special ones because you are a good mama chicken!
hugs.gif

Carl J ,the more I look at that A-frame the more I like it! Can't wait to build some more . May have to make one for a brooder,just hang a drop light in the shelter part,maybe add an insulating layer on the inside walls. I'll proably have to leave mine in one place as I don't have a lot of room to move them around, but still think they will work great.

Quote:
Yeah if I don't use a blender, I'd never get in my daily fruits/veggies.
lol.png
Because the veggie smoothies come out green, James won't drink them.
idunno.gif
He's never even tasted them. Ah well. More for me. In the morning I make a fruit & protein smoothie so I don't eat hungry before lunch.

I would like to hear more about the eggs as meat too!

Wayne I hope you have a safe trip & things are going good with your MIL.

Last nite started first fire of the season in the stove at one point it was almost to hot but feels good this morning. Gotta get out and open the doors I don't think they'll be outside for long with the wind blowing like it is. Have a good day everyone.
big_smile.png

Okla, I scramble the eggs (generally in the blender so it's way scrambled) season it w/ soy sauce and worstishire (a dash or so of each to get the brown color and savory flavor) and add the seasonings for the dish (italian, mexican etc...). I had been experimenting w/ adding mashed (canned refried beans) for texture but that wasn't working out as well so last night I added 1 heaping tsp of soy flour per egg, then under low - medium heat on the skillet scrambled until it is way dry and resembles ground meat. When I add the "ground meat" to the recipe (sauce) I wait until about 5 minutes before serving. It works really well in sauces that have a lot of goodies in them (chunky). I do something similar w/ oriental dishes only after scrambling in the blender I cook it in the skillet whole like a pancake, flip it, make sure it is good and cooked (firmer then if you are eating as eggs) then cool and slice in strips and add to stirfry.

The soaker hoses I have been using I've used for several years w/o needing any more then an occasional repair.

nanakat, have you tried the soaker hoses that flatten when not in use?

Quote:
The next best thing to the Vita-mixer I have found is the Ninja. That was the best money I ahve ever spent on a blender/chopper/snow cone maker! Use one of those 20% off coupons from Bed Bath and Beyond and they cost around $80.00.

Sooner - What's the name of the store in Muskogee that has livestock medications? I need to get pasteurella vaccine for my does before they go to the breeder. Apparently pneumonia is a problem in Tahlequah, so my girls need to be vaccinated before they can go to buck camp. I can get it online, but sooner rather than cheaper is the goal right now.

Back
Top Bottom