***OKIES in the BYC III ***

is it possible that these hens i just got dont lay? lol
idunno.gif

I for one, sure enjoyed the NEOCS event. I was not supposed to bring back any chickens, but I had to have that one lonely Buckeye chick. Thanks to person who found a box to put him in. I also got 2 jars of pickled quail eggs, jar of honey, goat milk soap, llama spit chap stick, & chicken plates for kitchen decor. I loved looking at all the different chickens, meeting people and enjoying the atmosphere of folks getting together. Next year will be bigger and better for sure. Thanks so much for all the people who volunteered and and worked so hard.

Well I have not been on in a couple of weeks. But i went friday and picked up some foleys line wyandottes i am very pleased with. 5 blue red laced hens and rooster, and 4 silver laced hens and a rooster. My order from strombergs will be in friday and i will have 50 blue red laced chicks. getting little warm for the chicks, so hopefully they all survive the heat. My blue wyandotte hen set on 8 eggs and hatched 5 and those babies seem to be doing very well.

Here is our mornings pickings that will go to market tomorrow.
a693488f-6762-807a.jpg

All the imperfect veggies go to us or the birds. I still need to dig potatoes some time this week, but who knows when.
DD has recovered from the egg drama-- but she said she will never forget all the work it took to crack open 7 dz eggs. We couldn't just boil them since half of the eggs were cracked. I am still standing here stirring the pot they are cooking in, think I will have some happy chickens this afternoon.

Robin the guineas are still pretty small. I am sure they would do fine as long as there as no predators around. Our "new" girl dog has taken to biting the heads off little chicks. So I imagine the dog is going to be rehomed. She doesn't bother the big ones, but even if the little ones stick there head out the wire she gets them. The dog has spent most of her time this past wk on the chain. She is a good dog & very smart. If someone gets out of their car she doesn't stop barking & charging at them until I come to her side. Wish she would not mess with the chicks!

I am going to finish cooking eggs. Eat some lunch & continue getting ready for the farmers market tomorrow.

i like my new turkey i got from the sale, i sure hope my broad breasted white turkeys get up to size by thanks giving, so he can just stay as a pet, lol. they have all they can eat of high protein food. so we will see.

BBWs keep growing and growing. One T-Day I processed a 55 pound bird. Heard of them getting to 75. How old are your birds?

Jackie O isn't just a pretty face w/ big hair, she caught a frog today and ate it. I would rather she went after rodents, but at least she is a good hunter.

Cowboy, I think Miss Priss laid an egg today we found a small white egg and I don't have any white layers, does she lay white????

Back
Top Bottom