Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU TOO THE WELCOME WAGON.....
I appreciate the replies and the dry cat food thing i will try anything has got too help besides a radio lol lol i have assorted bantums i bought from attwoods back in feb. raising chicks is a lil harder than i thought, lol and then too get them almost grown and have dogs get a hold of a few is frustrating.... i baby these chickens probably way too much, lol it is a good experience and one i will share with my kiddos for years too come, I am newbie too the country just moved here last summer , i was a city girl for 40 years but always loved fishing and hunting, i have always had a country girl heart, after the loss of kids dad me and my 2 youngest age 10 and 11 decided to make changes and move out of the city life, we love it!! have 10 longhorns 5 horses 15 chickens fishing ponds and 3 homeless dogs.... so we are having FUN NOW!!!! lol lol
thanks again and God Bless

welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif

Hey Shelli Good to have you here. I know where Barnsdall and Avant is believe it or not.
I have been to a few basketball games in Barnsdall.
We are glad you joined us. I added you to our list.
Monty
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Hi Everybody,

Gerald and I went to the Maud Auction after meeting with Monty, aka Buckguy20 about some chickens and then meeting Tina, aka luvs2garden2000 to get the absolutely beautiful awesome great pyrenees puppy from her. Thankyou Tina! We love Daisy!
love.gif
She's even sweeter than Iris! and bigger too I intend to get pic's of DAISY and IRIS together later, but first we're taking all the dogs & cats to get their rabies & booster shots. Let's see if I can get 6 dogs and 4 cats in the truck at the same time
hu.gif
I think it's gonna be lots of fun
tongue2.gif

We got to the Maud auction at around 9:30 pm, and they were selling produce, then Hostess donuts & cupcakes, etc., and then the poultry. Young chickens (mostly roosters) sold as low as 25 cents each
ep.gif
All we bought was 1 royal palm and 2 bronze turkey poults, a canteloupe and hostess donuts. Well, we thought about buying more, but know we don't have room to put any more birds in. We only spent $12 at the auction!

Welcome ShellnOkla !!!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I think there were at least 50 cages of birds, and there were quite a few rabbits. We left after 11 pm and there were another 10-15 cages to go.

Monty, I wish you could have been there. They never did identify any of the birds sold, but I swear some of them could have been wheaten pendescenas that went for around $3 each.

I need to take a book with me that identifies chickens next time. Of the breeds that I did recognize, there were hamburgs, cochins, langshans, brown sex-links, and lots of roosters and guineas.

Quote:
I think there were at least 50 cages of birds, and there were quite a few rabbits. We left after 11 pm and there were another 10-15 cages to go.

Monty, I wish you could have been there. They never did identify any of the birds sold, but I swear some of them could have been wheaten pendescenas that went for around $3 each.

I need to take a book with me that identifies chickens next time. Of the breeds that I did recognize, there were hamburgs, cochins, langshans, brown sex-links, and lots of roosters and guineas.

I hope to get to go next week.

DUTCHCHIC I have been their with the goats I used to keep around 150 to 200 meat goats to keep my pasture clean for the cattle and I never had to brushhog it. I had to sell the farm in 2002 and I moved to Claremore and got a 2 1/2 acre mini ranch as they call it, I kept a stallion, mare and colt until I was in a accident about 2 years ago and had to get rid of them. My wife found this place for me it in Holliday hills it has and inground pool, old barn, work shop and several horse stalls in the back of it and a pond that I got 14 ducks and four geese on it. I just started getting arouind on a walker about six months ago so I got some goats on the pasture to eat down the weeds and seven turkeys to eat the grass hoppers I turned my horse stall into chicken pens for some young chic to butcher but most of them are pullets. I got a variety of different breeds, black sex links, red sex links some easter eggers and the rest I don't know they are 8 to 9 weeks old now and I going to keep some pullets to go with two R I red hens and I have a pair of Blue Polish that around 3 mo old. I would like to get a few banty hens one of these days. If your boy like to swim you need to talk to my wife.

Quote:
An invite for swimming?! Sounds good to me...I'll be right over! LOL My son is 11, so swimming is right up his alley.
I've got Orpingtons in buff/blue/black/splash. Polish in blue/splash/black/golden. Sebrights in gold/silver/buff laced. Dutch Bantams, not sure what color yet. Then a laying flock of hens...RIR, Australorps, Ameracaunas with a White Columbian Wyandotte rooster....and quite a few chicks from that group. I don't mind the "mutts" for laying eggs...lol.

I just checked the NewOkiePioneers forum and a lady said:

"I was at the feed store today and the flyer was out for the new Newcastle Auction

August 9 at 5pm at the sale barn on HWY 62 (Main St) Just north of the High School on the east side of the road.
The flyer said it would be the second Sat of every month at 5pm.

Poultry, game birds, rabbits and cages only."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom