Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
No dont worry about pre paying. No big deal. I just need to get rid of them sometime soon. I am happy your boy wants them instead of someone that will be cruel to them. Ill be in afton prolly at 7:30 or 8 am. If noone wants the americaunas or whatever they are, this Friday night they are all going to the chouteau auction.

Grace, thanks for the duck insight. Its doing great today, much happier, finally quit crying. He has a little rag in there that he sleeps on, he's just adorable.

Thank you for all the 'get wells' everyone. I've made the decision to go see a dr tomorrow, hopefully get this all cleared up. Medicines like Nyquill and Benadryl have the opposite effect on me. Its like drinking caffeine before going to bed, horrible.
hmm.png

Carla and Grace, you both seem to have a different breed everytime I talk to ya'll! *ha*

Monty and Luvz, hope ya'll are over the bug soon!

Okie16, if they look brownish yellow I would guess they are Blue Swedish. If you can post pictures I bet Grace could tell you what they are.

Chickenhead, I love your chicken setup!

Where's Kathleen!?

I hope everyone that has this awful virus bug gets better soon. It's been going around Tinker, and everyone that's gone to the doctor for it said the doctor told them the symptoms will linger on for weeks.

Cammie, yes I admit it, I've become addicted to aquiring more chickens. I'm trying to control myself though ... only adding marans, austrolorps, speckled sussex, langshan, araucanas, ameraucanas, lakenvelder, and narraganssett turkeys this year. Oh my ... that's too much & I think I've even left something out. Well, that's what I've bought on ebay & eggbid & ovabid & from BYC'ers. Darn, I've got to stop this! Today I had 2 boxes of eggs arrive the mail ... more expensive marans eggs.

Chicks hatching today are araucanas from fellow BYC'er Hinkjc, and some marans eggs from Ray Valentine. I love the chickies!
tongue.png

Just checking in............been a hard few days around here.........KIDS
barnie.gif
have missed you all...........hopefully things will settle down here............
I hope your feeling better Cammie and carla...........geesh. I hope I dont get that nasty stuff........take care of you all......
Sorry bout the Harrach auction......things just went haywire on me !

Last edited:
Okiechick, glad to see you are still among the living
big_smile.png
We've been missing you, girl!

okie16, your ducks are Black Cayugas
big_smile.png
The one with the bib (the yellowish part on its chest) is colored like a Blue Swedish, but it would have to be a Black Swedish if it was Swedish at all. Anyway, I had a regular ol' Cayuga colored that way as a duckling, and as an adult it just has a tendency to get white feathers (it was a hen, BTW
smile.png
)

Cammie, what a sweet little duckling
love.gif
And, actually, some of the first birds I got were a pair of BC Marans, but just after I hatched some of their chicks out last winter, the rooster died in an ice storm
sad.png
So since I only have 2 hens now, I didn't bother listing them on my website or anything...

Buckguy20, I clearded out my PM box some. The reason I am still talking to CHICKENHEAD about them, is because he still wants them, it's just finding a place to meet!

CHICKENHEAD, I was going to say that I already sent you pictures of their eggs, but then I checked and I have only sent you pictures of the birds *oops* Anyway, I will get a picture of their eggs today
smile.png

Carla, thanks, but for now I will have to give you the same reply I gave Buckguy20: The reason I am still talking to CHICKENHEAD about them, is because he still wants them, it's just finding a place to meet!

Quote:
Okie, I pray things get better for you.

I leave tomorrow for Florida. The kids are bouncing off the walls and I just want to take a nap.

Graceful let me know where I am on the list for the Marans. I know several are interested.

Cammie, Get some good drugs from the DR. I have had antibiotics an inhaler and a steroid shot. I am better but still fighting it. It has made me so tired.
Everyone have a great day.

Monty

Just got home from the doctor. Instructed to stay home for a few days and take antibiotics. This means putting school, work, house planning, and wedding planning all on hold...
barnie.gif

On the up side, there's a chick cheeping in my incubator, a day early! And that sweet little duck is smiling at me in his little nest. *haha*
smile.png

Cammie, I'm sorry
sad.png

Oh, this might be a bad time, but I have 6 d'Uccle eggs ready if you want them
smile.png

Buckguy - technically, you are second on the list for the Marans... but, I thought you were the one about to get rid of all his birds
tongue.png
lol.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom