Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okiechick, those are the sweetest pictures ever! You just must get that one of Emma and the chicks printed and framed in at least an 11x14!
love.gif
I wanted to see what you titled the picture, so I right-clicked only to find that it was called "ebay040", you better not be putting those cuties on Ebay!! :eek:
lol.png
(j/k)

Cammie, that is so sweet about your "momma" duckling. I had 3 1/2 (
lol.png
) ducklings hatch today, I have fallen in love with ducks all over again
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I had to join in and say too that pic is to die for I would have it blowen up as big as I could and hanging above my couch, Oh wait I already have one of my kids and chickens and horse. LoL. I wish I could talk my hubby in to letting me get somemore ducks but alas it is to no avail. He will not since the last three sets have been carted off by the cyotes. And they were full grown too. Them cyotes even got in the pond and swam after them until they got my pekin duck he was my daughters easter gift last year, and the other that we had I got from a cousin as an egg and we hatched him out under a chicken, we eventually had to move him to a different pen because the hen about had a heart attack when he swam out in to the pond and she couldn't go out after him. It was the funnest thing I ever saw, that hen runnen up and down the pond bank squaken and carry'en on about that duck. well hope everyone is doing fine.

Mawchickkidie

Thank you so much you all...............
Welcome to BYC and all its madness and wonderful people Chickkide............ glad you signed up.......... I think Emma is too cute myself.....I have tons of pics of her all over my house.....If only I could afford to blow them all up ! Here is another one I think is just adorable........she is holding our super sweet and affectionate hen , named Siesta.....because the minute you hold her she goes to sleep !
ebay006.jpg

Quote:
Okie16, not a silly question......... I had runners and Muscovies and they all ended up free ranging........we had some hawks,but they were big enough that they didnt go after them.... I myself waiting until they were full size, which for the runners was about 5 months old I believe..........I think you should try it and watch...........some hawks will take standard size chickens....I am not sure about ducks.I never had a problem with that.....good luck

I have chicks for sale!

Well, they aren't actually mine. Someone bought them thinking I'd take care of them...

Okie, I'm doing better at the moment. Had a hot shower, that's helped more than anything. Won't be getting up early for class, but hopefully can make it to work.

Grace, I would love to see pictures of your ducklings!

Chikkide, I can just picture that hen!
lol.png
I knew a woman who got ducklings from the feed store. She wanted them to learn to swim, but they wouldn't get in the water. So she got a paddle boat for the pond, thinking they'd follow her into the water. *ha* It didn't do any good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom