Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
[[ Allen ]] I will keep my eyes open for you a T.D goose HEN!!!!
bethinoklahoma I talk to a guy last week that said he would love to see the old club get startd back up..
I ges the cool night air an not geting to go hunting much Macy old dog went hunting for RABBIT an killd most of the one's i bot at blanch sale last time;
I should have kept thim in a cage an not let thim go in a big pen most of thim dug out..He hasnt botherd thim an i ges not geting any coon or possum or cat's for a wile he had to hunt something..

Quote:
ty buckeye

your best bet is to be there when they sell to make sure they bring what you want

they have so many birds with reserves they can't remember them all
If they forget what your reserve is and your not there they will sell them anyways

Quote:
Or you can bid against your own birds. Usually the commission on that deal is cheaper then the PO fee. Many times the PO fee is 25% of the last bid or just a set price and the fee for selling is usually a bit lower. Depends on the auction house.

I'm becoming a slave to a five-day-old lavender silkie chick! It was put out of the nest after it had pipped, and nearly all the shell had been broken off. Thought I was picking up a dead chick to dispose of; however, it has been just fine from the beginning. It's an "only" chick though there are nearly three-week olds in a brooder next to it so it at least can hear others. Had to force feed it at first, but it has progressed to eating from a toothpick to eating at a moist pile of food "pointed" by a toothpick. It cries for me when it is hungry or lonely, and is very content after eating and conversing with me. When it gets a bit bigger, if there are no others to accompany it, I should be able to put it in with the older ones, as two are its same color. In the meantime, it snuggles with its small stuffed animal buddy.

A second chick also pipped, and apparently Papa pecked at it and picked it up and moved it quite a ways from the nest. I couldn't save it, but I then put the other developing eggs in a 'bator. Can't tell for certain if they're continuing to develop. I'm able to leave some of the papas in with their hens, and they help care for the chicks, but apparently not this first-time dad.

Quote:
sounds like you are going to have a pet, whether you want one or not.
cool.png
You provide good instructions for tending to a fragile chick. I hope I can recall the instructions the next time I have one that is doing poorly.

Quote:
Keeping rabbits alive this time of year is tough - they were probably better off in the big pen rather than in cages - at least until the dog did what he is trained to do
hmm.png

Okay POOPS PEEPS!!
Just back from the Oklahoma County fair...
AnnaBell and I in our bright green poops t-s.
Yonna brought home the Grand champion Turkey,
and 1st place on her buff orphington. Annabell's
chickens all placed BUT her silkie hen from Betsy
that was bought from Poops (lady gaga) won grand
champion Bantam.... AnnaBell wants to report that
this is the best day of her life and that she loves chickens.
wee.gif

Your right about that [[ P.B ]] They did good in the big pen . Wen i get time im going to put some ten around it they dug out in the corner's an it seem like wen one got out they all went . An it was alot easy'er to take cair of thim .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom