One egg Hatched

Mamaculpepper

In the Brooder
Feb 20, 2019
okay! Day 20! So one egg pipped yesterday morning and hatched sometime in the early hours of this morning. The second egg which has been incubated the same time period etc has no pipping. Will the hatched chick bother the other egg? Should I take the hatched chick out today once completely dry if the other chick has not pipped?

Thanks!!!!

-worried chick mom

Don’t keep opening the incubator. Remove the chick and egg shells at the same time, if possible. If you already took the chick out, leave the egg shells there until the next chick hatches.

Don’t keep opening the incubator. Remove the chick and egg shells at the same time, if possible. If you already took the chick out, leave the egg shells there until the next chick hatches.

I haven’t opened it at all, was giving the chick time to dry and rest. I am going to move chick soon because the chick is really rolling the other egg around lol. Once I remove chick I will add a little more water and discard of egg shell pieces. Thanks!!

I haven’t opened it at all, was giving the chick time to dry and rest. I am going to move chick soon because the chick is really rolling the other egg around lol. Once I remove chick I will add a little more water and discard of egg shell pieces. Thanks!!
Perfect! I’ll be anxious to hear about your other chick. Keep us posted! :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom