Online order: Hoovers hatchery chicks

Congratulations on your babies!

You can use puppy pads in your brooder, they are more absorbent.
I don't see why you can't use pine needles as long as you know the source, they are not that absorbent, so you will need to monitor the brooder very closely and clean up any damp/wetness to help prevent illness. If using something like shavings or pine needles, I would make sure they have chick grit available (crushed granite) free choice.

Is she still walking backwards? If so, I would get some Poultry Nutri-Drench into her.
1-2drops per day. Walking backward can be a neurological symptom of Wry Neck which is caused by genetics, vitamin e and b1 deficiency, injury and certain diseases. The PND has vitamin E and Thiamine, so that would be a good start. If you wish, you can give all your chicks a direct dose of PND or put it in their water.

We took a peek while they were sleeping.

Attachments

• 20180816_014433.jpg
    20180816_014433.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20180816_014541.jpg
    20180816_014541.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 20180816_014534.jpg
    20180816_014534.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 32
Woke up this morning to all chicks running around chirping except one. She wont stand up or open her eyes. I forced some water down but she still will not move. Breathing. Not moving

I'm so sorry. Can you tell if that is the same chick that was having issues yesterday? Do you have any NutriDrench you can give it a drop of? You may prepare yourself for the worst though, it sounds like that one may be failing to thrive. :hugs

I think she is drifting off.... my wife is holding her in a towel trying to keep it warm. And that's thing it's not the one from yesterday. She is still posted back to the wall lol walking normal but still has the obsession with standing tall back against the wall.

I had a chick like that. My husband was going to cull it and he pulled its neck until it popped and closed his hand over her and he said he ask God please take this chick or help her. The little chick jumped straight up and has been thriving ever since. I don't know if her neck was crinkled or what but I do believe GOD has a use for that little chick.

Also her head keeps dropping like she is passing out and pops right back up beak open like she needs air. Is this just her being exhausted and wanting more water? Sorry for all the questions my wife and I just recently found out we love chickens once these little ones showed up yesterday lol now we both are trying to play dr.oz for this one.

Back
Top Bottom