Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Quote:
I made a smark alec remark on the kitchen table thread and I have been WAITING for you to say something.
roll.png

lol.png

Quote:
I made a smark alec remark on the kitchen table thread and I have been WAITING for you to say something.
roll.png

Huh? You talking to me?
smile.png

Quote:
Hun when you have it with pinto beans and cornbread EVERY night for 18+ years...even a good southern girl gets her fill of it...lol! We were dirt poor when I was a kid, and that's what we ate or went to bed hungry. Period...lucky to have chicken on Sunday..LOL! It's funny NOW, but it sure weren't then
wink.png
I did gain some tremendous skills from my poor raising though, so I'm not bitter in the least. Momma did what she could, and it was plenty
smile.png

OK, now I understand why the hatred for cornbread-sounds like overload! It is amazing what you learn out of necessity isn't it?

Dang- I was about to retire for the evening - and Blazing Saddles has just started. Crazy Mel Brooks movie.

Quote:
Hun when you have it with pinto beans and cornbread EVERY night for 18+ years...even a good southern girl gets her fill of it...lol! We were dirt poor when I was a kid, and that's what we ate or went to bed hungry. Period...lucky to have chicken on Sunday..LOL! It's funny NOW, but it sure weren't then
wink.png
I did gain some tremendous skills from my poor raising though, so I'm not bitter in the least. Momma did what she could, and it was plenty
smile.png

OK, now I understand why the hatred for cornbread-sounds like overload! It is amazing what you learn out of necessity isn't it?

Necessity is a good teacher. My kids are learning it now
smile.png
It's good for them, so I am glad we are in the situation we are in financially as twisted as that may sound. They'll be better people for it.

Back
Top Bottom