Oregon Fall Poultry Swap! 9/25/10 11am **all details on first post!*

Hi ,
Ok, thanks. Looking forward to tomorrow!
cool.png

Janet

I only have kettle corn...
hide.gif

But nobody would want my cooking... I'm a student if that is any indication.

I think for next spring, we should have it like the first sat in may with attempts to avoid those dreaded April showers...

Excited for tomorrow!!!
wee.gif
All cheesecakes accounted for (with a houseful of teenagers this is a must!) and ready to be packed. Signs are made and name tags are in the box. I was the Jenga Master earlier and got everything into the van with room left to spare! Had to do it while hubby was out front. It was bad enough that my daughter kept asking me why I was taking all those carriers and stuff like "just how many chickens are you bringing home Mom?"
duc.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, summer was bad... tomatoes which gave bountys by the 4th of july last year didn't bother ripening till august!!! And that was the cherries only. The rest are still green. At least the plants are all 5-6 feet tall on the balcony. I had to LOL at the one which grew up to the bottom of our upstairs neighbors balcony.

Zoomummzy
2 OEGB cockerels - Crele - hatch date 5/23/10
1 OEGB cockerel - Barred - hatch date 1/5/10

**These are all pets (and hatchery quality) - not for your table. You can see photos of them here http://www.flickr.com/photos/zoomommy/sets/72157624523063673/

Cheesecakes! Notify in advance if you want a whole one! (*note - last day to order will be next Monday as I will need to have all my supplies by then and start baking!) Photo here of the one I won at the fair with: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zoomommy/4854599737/in/set-72157624640621554/

Tons
of 12 and 18 count egg cartons!! - spoken for

Want -

I think I'm good on my personal "wants" right now, lol but you never know. Temptation might take over

Chickboss
Have - If there is interest, could hatch some mutt chicks, and also some ducklings (Khaki Campbells, Muscovies, and..??) Black Australorp hatching eggs or chicks

Pinkchick
Want - Pilgrim Geese

Argula
Have - 1 or 2 Black Copper Marans cockerels, 1 Black/White Polish Crested cockerel, and 8+/- Silver Spangled Hamburg pullets and their roo. All of the above hatched in late Feb. Also have 3 dozen "spent" hens (they're 2 1/2 yrs) of Ameraucana and various common brown egg layers (BO, Light Brahma, Dark Cornish, etc).

Want - Friendly, good free-ranging, brown-egg-laying pullets to replace the Hamburgs sent by mistake by McMurray

Cloverleaf Farm
Have -
2 white Faverolles cockerels, hatched 4/10 from pasofinofarm's eggs. (only bringing these if someone is interested in them).
1 LF Salmon Faverolles cockerel hatched 6/3 from Dick Boulanger's eggs. (only bringing if there's interest).
3 bantam lavender Ameraucana cockerels hatched 6/30 from John Blehm stock
A variety of hatching eggs
Beaded bracelets.

Bringing trio of speckled sussex for jzarabs, 2 LF Lav Ameraucana cockerels for OregonJen, 2 bantam lav Amers & 1 black bantam Amer cockerels for pdhirte

Want - 2-3 of oregonJens SQ black Ameraucana pullets!!!!! A couple of dark brahma pullets and a giant splash or blue cochin pullet/hen, or any color giant frizzle cochin pullet/hen.

K7 Menagerie
Bringing:

3 black frizzle cockerels (claimed)
2 GLW hens (claimed)
2 BLRW hens (claimed)
1 polish x hen (claimed)
1 blue cuckoo marans rooster (claimed)
3 mille fleur cochin cockerels (available)
1 partridge frizzle cockerel (available)

Homemade goat's milk soap

Want:

Cochin, Brabanter, or any other interesting looking laying hens (chicks or hatching eggs ok too) BCM rooster that's handsome, mellow, and sweet natured

Brian
Have - possibly some Seramas

Want - trio of show quality OEGBs

Lensters

Bringing:

My Pet Makes Me Breakfast cook books
Welsummer hatching eggs
Newly hatched chicks:
Easter Eggers (blue eggers)
Rhode Island Reds
Red Sexlinks
Welsummers

Available to order:
Four week old Rhode Island Reds
Cages
The tools that you can see here: http://wvhatchery.com/sales/

Want:

SQ
LF Blue/ Black Ameraucana cockerel from blue eggs only
"SQ" BCM or BlCM cockerel from #5 egg or darker
Strange and brightly colored EE hens/pullets

Current Orders:

Name BYC tag Variety Hatch Date Quantity

Judy ? Red Sexlinks 09/23/10 12
EEs 09/23/10 16
Rangers 09/23/10 12

John Noncentzter Olive eggers POL 3

Leslie thekla EEs 08/25/10 15
Welsummers 08/25/10 3

Tsagirl
Have - A lav orp roo

Want -
Show quality
RIR
Blue Laced red Wyndottes
Silkes
Buff orp roo
K7's soap, Laura's chocolate chip cheesecake

oregonJen
This is what I have for my swaps and sales, please let me know if I forgot anyone or anything.

I am bringing

Zoo Mummzy- I owe you 2 EE pullets (was it 3?)/ hens, 1 mystery pullet, 2-3 large Goat Cheese (Chevre), feather earrings
Cloverleaf Farm- I am bring you 2 Black SQ Ameraucana pullets
PdHirte- I owe you a lot of poultry (you get first shot at any bantam Cochins I am bringing)
Standard Cochin eggs if they are laying- I have 2 batches reserved- SORRY, THEY ARE NOT LAYING, MIGHT END UP WITH A SMALL BATCH
6 Ameraucana eggs and 6 chicks (if I have them)- AS OF RIGHT NOW, NO AMERAUCANA EGGS, JUST A HANDFUL OF JUVENILES and a ton of cockerels (THEY ARE NICE).
K-7, a couple of EE pullets
TSA GIRL- possibly a Mille Fleur D' Uccle cockerel
Wyandottie- possibly Guinea keets
SS- Trio of Standard Cochins (black roo, 2 blue hens)

Things I am getting

2 lavender LF Ameraucana cockerels from Cloverleaf Farm
Dominique eggs from Walltenters
2 cheesecakes from Zoo Mummzy
Possibly a brooder from - PDHirte
BC Marans hen from TSAGirl
2 Black Frizzle roosters from K-7
Cuckoo Marans roo with feathered shanks from K-7
2 GLW from you K-7?

Other stuff I can bring is;

Bantam Cochin Cockerels- Buff, from SQ stock
LF Blue/ Black/ Splash Ameraucana cockerels and eggs
Bantam Cochin eggs- SQ stock- blue/ black/splash/ buff/ white/ white frizzle/ blue mottled/ black mottled
Silkie eggs- limited amount SQ- white, blue/ black/ splash/ cuckoo/ lavender/ buff
2 geese.
1 male peacock- India Blue
Young adult turkeys- Auburn/ Royal Palm
1 adult pair of Royal Palms
Young guineas and guinea keets
Silver Laced Sebright pair and 2 extra males
Gold laced Sebright male
extra juvenile Sebright males
1 mature (3-4 year old) pair of Blue Orphingtons- hen still lays, would be great to start a small flock, (breeder/ SQ)
Several mature SQ Silkie roosters- nice, gentle, gorgeous!
an assortment of nice (not hatchery) Silkie Cockerels- pet quality/ breeder quality/ show quality- sorry not for eating
Cuckoo Marans roosters
Barred Rock Roosters
Several Standard Blue/ Black cochin Trios/ pairs- Breeder/SQ
Silver Penciled Wyandotte rooster-super sweet!
Trio of mature, huge, exhibition Orpingtons
EE eggs
Eating eggs
Mille Fleur D Uccle cockerel
I will be bringing some pullets/ hens (and chicks) in assorted breeds (10-20 hens)- Will only reserve these hens if we are trading for a hen on my want list, otherwise I will bring every available hen to the swap.

I have decided to keep my blue Cochin Roo (Sentimental reasons and he is the only one not related to my hens)
Instead, I am adding a very pretty blue partridge LF Cochin (lots of blue on him)
guinea keets
assorted juvenile guineas and keets
assorted POL egg laying breed and mixed breed pullets
Beautiful Huge Barred Rock rooster

I will also be sorting through about 100 more birds, most of them young, I just have too many breeds to work with.
I am bringing hens and pullets that are not listed and chicks too!

I am also bringing goat cheese- FETA, CHEVRE and feather jewelry

LOOKING FOR-
Marans Pullets
Wyandotte Pullets- BLR, SL, GL, Columbian (especially need Silver Laced Wyandottes)
RIR rooster
Buckeye Pullets
SQ Mille Fleur D' Uccle eggs or birds
Cuckoo Marans cockerel or hens with feathered shanks
Speckled Sussex hens
Silkie hens SQ
Bantam Cochin hens SQ
Buff Orpington pullets
pheasants
pied guineas

AND FOR THE POTLUCK- we are bringing, some fancy breads and crackers from Trader Joes, and at least 3 types of my homemade goat cheese- Chevre and maybe some queso Blanco or Feta. Anyone who has tried goat cheese and did not like it, you will probably like these! If you already like goat cheese, then you will really LOVE these! Also might bring some sodas or summer sausage to go with the cheese and crackers

Noncentzter
Want - BLRW hatching eggs
Have - 5 EE roosters born mid June,

feathers4fun
Want- SQ Ameracauna Roo, consider good-quality. Might want two depending on color(s) Blue and Black from oregonjen

Bringing- Potluck- I'm cooking a homegrown turkey today and will bring bread and mayo for simple turkey sandwiches.

EE hens for Lensters and Thekla
GLW & SLW pullets for OregonJen ?
BCM Roo for K7Menagerie
Silkie hen, Celiandy has first dibs
Additionally-
Lots of pullets, some have just started to lay. All born from begining of March thru May. Have been raised free-ranged in large barnyard and pasture areas with free choice pellets. Breeds available- Buff Orpingtons, $15 ea. Mottled Javas $20ea

Roosters- Mottled Javas and Ameracauna $10ea
Silkie Roos $7ea.
Banties-1 each-Cornish HEN, D'Uccle Roo, Ameracauna Roo $5ea.

Coturnix Quail $3ea Pharaoh type

1 Bourban Red Tom Turkey. 16 months old. Good breeder and temperament. We lost his mate to coyote so he needs new home. $30

whillo
Have - hopefully nothing!

Want - rubber chicken purse! And to chat!!

silkiechicken
Have - BYC gear to raffle!!! Bumper stickers for sale.

Want - unwanted roosters for meat, also specifically silkie roosters for meat

blackclownfish16
Have -

Blue/Splash/Black Silkie x Phoenix Cross Chicks
Genetic Hackle Stock Cockerels (Boatloads I'll probably put some up here on BYC too)
2 Sumatra Buff Wyandotte Cross Chicks (looks like two pullets)
Possibly blue modern bantam chicks (in the bator)
Splash MGB Cock (only if someone wants/needs him)
Possibly some cuckoo and bbs silkie chicks
Could bring a dozen split lavender silkie eggs
Could bring some cuckoo silkie eggs (only if the girls kick into action tho)

Want-
Nothing but my resolve might just fail when I'm there............
And if someone wants any of these before feel free to pm me

LittleChocobo
Have -
-baked goods! PM for a recipe you'd like, if not listed below
-Swedish crepes with Chantilly-style Swedish sweet cream and berries (probably raspberry)
--crepes with cream-and-berries or gruyere-spinach-mushroom fillings
-cucumbers with herb cream cheese
Maybe some quail if anyone is interested

Want -
-Buckeye pullets/hens
-blue, blue splash, or white Silkie pullet/hen
-EE pullets/hens of any kind: purebred Araucana or Ameraucana not terribly important to me
-Buff Orpington pullets/hens
-Barred Plymouth Rock pullets/hens

It would be nice if everyone in the new flock was about the same age, but not a necessity. My roommates are kind of tolerating my chicken project with amusement and I'm hoping that if I have a productive flock they'll warm up to the idea a bit more.

eggardengirl
Want - 2 to 4 white silkie chicks or pullets

FeatheredObsessions
Want -
Gold Lakenvelder rooster
a pair of Midget Turkeys!!!
A drake runner duck in blue? maybe white or black?
A Houdan Hen or even two
Splash Silkies
Female East Indies
Mille Fluer Cochin
Blue Jersey Giant Hen or hens

Have: this is hard cause it changes but right now....

Molted Houdan Rooster
Two Sexlink hens
Dark partidge? color Serama Rooster
Ringneck Pheasants
Bobwhite young/unsexed
Any color Button Quail all sexes/ages
Coturnix all ages/sexes
Lutino Parakeet young (female per punnett square)
Buff Silkie Rooster
Many unsexed Mille Fleur D'Uccle
Female Moltted D'Uccle

mrweaw
Have: Maybe a few Silkie/Frizzle cross adolescents if they don't find new homes before then

I have 4 baby chinchillas that just turned 8 weeks old and are ready to go to their new homes. I am not planning on bringing them just to show off as they need to be researched before they are purchased but if anyone is seriously interested I would be happy to deliver them to the swap.

They are super cute and really friendly because the kids love on them all the time.

Want: Always open to getting a new Silkie or two
Ameraucana - Looking for good quality so that the kids can show them if they want
Araucana - Does anyone out there have any of these that are true araucanas??
Faverolle - I don't have any of these but am interested in having a couple
Marans - Black would be my first choice
d'Uccle - no color preference
One or 2 of Tsa's RIRs, I saw that hen at the fair and I want one just like her!!
Pair or trio of SQ call ducks.

I can only get pullets, chicks, or eggs. I cannot intentionally get another rooster. Our neighbors are patient enough with the silkies and the one polish. I don't want to push my luck!

thekla
Have - anyone interested in a pair of geese (about 6 months old) I think they are chinese, but could be african too... they are kinda driving me nuts...I may end up eating them if I can't trade or sell them.

I have a pair of mille fleur d'Uccles, and probably some hatching eggs from them, and possibly a few other bantys of some sort or the other - since I decided I just want big ole hens that lay big ole eggs...

want: Hens, pullets (perfer young adults or 3-4 month pullets but may consider some chicks) EE's, Buff Bhramas, Wheaten Marens, Wellsummers, almost any good colored egg layers. Don't care about show quality just want good layers.

pdhirte
Have - bantam Ameraucanas. I should have some nice cockerals in Blue wheaton and Wheaton. I should have some hens at the time of swap. Metal brooders. Runner ducks in fawn, black, blue and khaki

I am looking for some nice quality bantam cochins in black, blue,mottled or blue mottled . Also some other quality bantam ameraucans to add to my bread stock.

tallyho
Want - Appenzeller or Barabanter hen or two

Celiandy
Want - hatching eggs of: Polish - silver, gold, buff laced, Jersey Giants - blue, splash or white, Midget White Turkeys, Bob White Quail,
Silkies - white, buff, lavender, Frizzles - can be just about anything, frizz/polish, sizzles, standard cochin, or?, Indian Runner Duck, any colors. I would be happy to take home a SLP or GLP rooster if anyone has one.

jzarabs
Want - BLRW and Speckled Sussex, females, prefer young adult but will do chicks if necessary!

Kim
have - Old English Games

want - Jungle Fowl, or other another game breed that will lay

Bil
Gets to come again! YAY!!!
I would like to add that we'll have RIR & Barred Rock pullets that will be about 2 months old then. So if anybody would like to trade or buy, let us know. I'm mainly looking for LF egg layers.

Also, we need to sell some alpacas, so we're offering a 10% referral fee to anybody that sends us a buyer. We have alpacas that are priced from $500 to $15,000. Just pm me if you want more information

sparkietoo
Have- white cochins

Want - Silkies, frizzles, blue and black cochins

melamom59
I am planning on coming for the day and eggcited to see you all again. We have just gone through the trauma of having to "make a significant reduction in our herd/flock" per the (very nice - has his own BYC0 Code Enforcement Officer and now find that we are being blessed to move out to a farm in the country. So now I need to just about start over again...sigh...

Wanted: Great layers - Black or Red Stars, Barred Rocks, etc. No RIR as I also raise Buckeyes.
Black Copper Marans - cockerel and pullets
Olive Egger (s)
Pilgrim geese pair or trio
Guineas
Australorps
Narragansett turkey pair/trio
Also, need a male peacock for a friend who has a lonely pea hen who has been sitting on non-fertile eggs - poor girl

Have: At this point nothing as I had to get rid of so much that I can't even supply my egg customers!
I have some enormous home grown turkeys in the freezer 33 pounds is the biggest
I could also gather some Welsh Harlequin eggs if anyone wants to try hatching now

For the spring swap I plan on having Buckeye pullets, cockerels and fertilized eggs (My roosters were in "foster care" with the friend who raised all the turkeys)

Bringing: My Kinder goat (s) for "show and tell" and garner interest for the upcoming kidding season!

Sherri at the Oregon Funny Farm

goldenluver
have - I am hoping to be there this time if I am I will bring two white silkies that are showing signs of being cockerals the are from good stock but not SQ them selves.

want - SQ splash silkie pullets/hens

Wyandottie
have - redneck farm chickens sheep/goats/alpacas

want - different redneck chickens

wildgeesego
I am sorry I won't be able to make the swap since I had fun and sold a lot of birds at the spring swap. I have gone through the list of wanted and have and I have some birds some of you may be interested and if you are driving from the north you can detour to Corvallis and pick up or drop some more birds on your way home.

What I want:

Nice (SQ) blue, black or splash pure Ameraucana pullets or hens.
Light sussex pullets or hens, I have some to trade.

What I have:

I have nice Blue Ameraucana roosters that I hatched from Wayne Merideth. I was going to breed some but only have boys.

Pilgrim geese male and female that are about 1 1/2 year olds. These are from Holdereads and were purchased as goslings as a breeding pair.

Two brown chinese goslings 3 months old that were fostered by my Pilgrims this summer.

I have some beautiful Olive eggers that just started laying and are laying some beautiful olive colored eggs. These are F! from Easter egger x black copper marans cross.

I have many cockerels including several black copper marans, speckled sussex, barnevelders aged 3 to 5 months.

Barnevelder pullets that are 8 to 1o weeks.

Tidewaters
a couple dutch bantam pullets and rooster and/or Old english game bird pullets

peacedove
What I Want:
Salmon Faverolle hen(s) I have a roo I absolutely adore and is top bird in our flock, and would love to have a hen or two so I will actually have purebred prodigy, lol.

What I Have to trade with:
Chickens
3 Buttercup hens born spring 2008 (just don't like them. they are friendly enough to jump on your back when you bend down, but not friendly enough to even think about touching them)

1 silver Phoenix roo and 3 hens from spring 2008 (just don't have the space or time to breed them. Quiet birds, do fine in captivity or free-range. Had 1 hen raise chicks from other hens this past spring)

Geese
1 gander and 2 african goose hens from spring 2008 (decided to go with ducks and chickens only)

Ducks
Magpie/Cayuga mature hen (raised 10 ducklings with her sister)

Runner duck/Magpie/Cayuga ducklings, 8 available, colors are blue and white, and one is charcoal(?) and white, body style like their runner duck daddy

4 Khaki Chambell(mom)/Mallard(dad) drakes from this summer

Rabbits
Cantankerous 3 yo Blue Jersey Wooley doe
Timid mini-rex 3 yo doe, orange? don't know the correct name of her color but can send pics

If you have what I am looking for, and want any of the critters I have, let me know and I will bring them with me. Also, if anyone has any suggestions on what I am more likely going to be able to trade a Favorolle for, please let me know and I will bring them if I don't get any requests before Saturday. Thank you.

jenandnaomi
I have:
Homemade cooler incubator (used to hatch my eggs this spring)
2 EE's - just started laying light brown eggs this week
Small chick waterers

Looking for:
Blue egg laying EE's
Chocolate egger

3vee

Hi, is anyone interested in Silver Pencil Wyandotte Roosters? I have two very nice ones I could bring to the swap meet in Cottage Grove tomorrow. I'm interested in a chocolate egg layer hen or silver pencil wyandott hens.

Back
Top Bottom