Oregon Fall Poultry Swap! 9/25/10 11am **all details on first post!*

We just got done doing chores after we got back from the swap. The goat was not impressed with our late arrival to her evening milking
smile.png

We had a great time. My fiance and I came, along with my mom, my neice, my sister and her boyfriend. It was the first swap for all of us!

One suggestion, on the next swap can we get some "cage cards" or something? Maybe just something with the owner name + byc handle, the age/breed/sex/variety of bird, price and if it is sold or not
smile.png
. I would also love to make some simple but cute burned wood plaques for a most beautiful rooster and hen contest
smile.png

We walked by a beautiful little jubilee bantam cornish hen several times. My neice was in love, but we thought she was already sold, so we had given up. We were leaving and saw the most beautiful bantam rooster (looks like an ameraucana cross) and Silver (neice) wanted him, but there was no hens to go with him! We were so lucky - the owner of the beautiful cornish hen was standing there and we were so happy when the "perfect hen for him" turned out to be the very one Silver wanted so much!! We grabbed one more pretty ameraucana bantam hen with blue blue legs on the way out.

Silver is so happy with her three little chickens, and can't wait to be able to let them out of their coop and see them free range. Their "coop" is actually a chicken tractor, but it's the perfect size for the little mini flock, and that way they have somewhere safe at night from both the predators and the more dangerous predators, the velocer raptors my mom calls her Rhode Island Reds! She's going to keep them in the tractor for a few days so they know it's home then let them free range during the day.

We can't wait until the next swap - hopefully next time we can bring some nice Dominique birds, instead of just a few eggs! I hope the eggs are good OregonJen, we just put them in egg cartons - no special wrapping, but we can't wait to see the chicks!!

Quote:
I am so sorry!
sad.png
Yes, if you could bring the sign to the spring swap that would be awesome. I completely forgot to grab it!

We haven't set a date yet but I'd stay tuned. Most likely the end of April/first of May somewhere in the Canby/Portland area.

Ditto on what everyone has already said....it was a great swap! I had a lot of fun wandering around taking photos (I will post the link to them tomorrow). I loved meeting people, seeing old friends and making new ones. My friend Nancy showed up unexpectedly just from our Craigslist ads so they really do work! I hope everyone enjoys their cheesecakes. I was thrilled to find homes for my last 3 little boys (thank you so much!!!) and just adore the 7 new hens I got. Laying eggs on the way home must be the trend for this swap...my Blue Andalusian from Theresa laid a large white egg on the way home
big_smile.png
Jen, lol little one eye EE was a real terror on the way home but she's a lovey as a baby now. Thank you so much everyone! I can't wait for the spring one....my first one with no roosters to rehome
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
He has the best of homes! My neice is so happy with him, he seems very nice! And so beautiful! Silver is so happy, and they will be happy chickens! The RIRs are too big and too many to free roam (lots of poo on the carport), but those three are just perfect for it. They get tons of treats and garden scraps there as well, all the chickens there now are like little puppies waiting for attention, they all run towards you as soon as you walk outside!

I can't wait until those three are the same way for Silver, she is so happy with them and thinks they are all just beautiful. Thank you again everyone, it was so nice to really make her year with these chickens! I love unexpected gifts!
smile.png

Hi All
That was a great chicken swap. It was fun to meet folks and enjoy the potluck. Looking forward to the next one.
Thanks,
Janet
smile.png

Cheesecake is sooo yummy!!! Eating it as I am typing.
smile.png
smile.png

I loved going and I am so excited to see you all again!!!

Thanks everyone so much, its great to get together like this!

Theresa
lol.png

Goodmorning everyone! Yesterday was great! Laura, I took your blue ribbon cheesecake to the lobster feed, set it on the table and would swear that those people were really sharks with how fast it disappeared! There were lots of cheesecake full mouths trying to get out the words "So Good!" LOL, thank you so much! The GF one is sooooo good to! Love all the cheeses from you Jen! YUM! All our little birdies settled in well, and the guineas are singing to us this a.m.
smile.png
Our new cochin girls are happy and the runners, well, they are running LOL, but will settle in soon enough. Silly skittish things. Fireing up the incubator for those hatching eggs and will keep OregonJen and Cloverleaf posted on the results.

Big thank you to Cloverleaf and Zoomummzy for keeping the list going and the signs, ect. You guys are both wonderful!

Huge thanks also to everyone who chipped in for the park costs and to Silkiechicken for bringing the bummper stickers and holding the rafle! You all made it so that my total contribution was a misely $5.00.

Willamette Valley Hatchery: I have contacted Judy and will send you her contact information if she is interested.

Little Chocobo: Got your message, and hope to see you in the Spring!

Can't wait til the spring swap!

Back
Top Bottom