Oregon

ah good to know!   I don't really have a preference for egg colors.  The only problem I see is i keep wanting to add different birds because they're all so different and lovely.  my husband would flip if I got anymore than my modest three chicks.
if you bought straight run chicks you may end up with some that need to be rehomed since many roosters don't like each other. Good xcuse for more chicks.;):lol:

Anyone near the Albany area interested in a black n white easter egger roo? he's not fond of being handled but not mean. he's 5wks or so and has started to attempt to crow some mornings although not very loudly. he doesnt get along with our other roo who doesnt crow yet so he will be the first to go since we cant keep roos in the city. we do handle him, he just squacks like we are killing him when we do so where as our other roo is a lot more friendly pet material. let me know if you are interested. [email protected] -lisa

Four of my eight Craigslist chicks are roos! These 4 our of six "sexed" chicks. Amazingly the two Marans that were sold "straight run" are both hens! One of the Buff Orpington Roos is a really sweet boy so I will trey to find him a home the other three are going to freezer camp.
The same thing happened to me last year. purchased a few "sexed chicks" from craigslist & got 2 Roo's. I was able to rehome both - 1 to freezer camp & 1 to a nice farm up north.

Anyone near the Albany area interested in a black n white easter egger roo? he's not fond of being handled but not mean. he's 5wks or so and has started to attempt to crow some mornings although not very loudly. he doesnt get along with our other roo who doesnt crow yet so he will be the first to go since we cant keep roos in the city. we do handle him, he just squacks like we are killing him when we do so where as our other roo is a lot more friendly pet material. let me know if you are interested. [email protected] -lisa
Ill Trae ya for a Blue EE Roo with Hardly any But his mom was Pure Aracana and Dad was EE

Anyone use local poultry processing near Salem? I tried Mineral Springs as heard good things but after 2 e-mails and 3 phone calls (even during calling hours) was only able to play some wide space phone tag. Planning on processing my ducks myself but if anyone has someone they recommend then I could avoid all that dang plucking.
Thanks

Well, mystery solved this morning when I went out to opened the chicken coop door. I have wonder this last month if one of my pullets was actually a rooster. Born Feb 28th, he came out guns a blazing and crowed several times while I watched! He seemed to be so proud! Lol! I am sure hoping he is the only one!

I have some bantam Serama/d'uccle/silkie mix chicks. I also have two serama roos for sale, make me an offer.

I live in Rogue River and go to school in White City if the two in Medford need any chicks.

Back
Top Bottom