Other Fowl Molt Contest

For all you guinea owners, I do not recall ever seeing any of my guineas have a hard molt. Sure, even now I have guineas with severe feather damage but that is from guineas being guineas and not from molting.

You're right! I see a lot of feathers in the bedding but the brids don't look that bad. Don't really change. All Guineas here. Have been the same way for 8 years now. Don't see a big molt on the birds themselves.

For all you guinea owners, I do not recall ever seeing any of my guineas have a hard molt. Sure, even now I have guineas with severe feather damage but that is from guineas being guineas and not from molting.
I’ve been wracking my brain trying to remember if I saw my guineas molt last year. And I don’t remember seeing them look any different.
I too have some hens with broken back/tail feathers from mating and what not, but not molting.
Lucy still looks kinda bald, but that’s not from molting either.

Thinking about it, I’ve seen so many feathers in the coops and yard but none of my birds look any different 🤷🏻‍♀️

Mine had a more subtle molt last year, but there were a lot of feathers in the coop! We have a lot of feather damage from aggressive birds plus my paler birds have red clay dust worked into their feathers, making them dull. We also had an adventure a few nights ago where seven adults roosted outside. My DD knocked one off the roost then grabbed it, and was left with a pile of tail feathers.... :th So that poor girl has no tail now. All that to say that I’m really looking forward to their molt and new feathers!

Back
Top Bottom