Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Have a good time Rene!

Where I grew up (in Kansas), Leavenworth was home to a Federal prison...you'll probably have more fun in your Leavenworth than the folks in the KS one. :D
Thank you Debby! We had a great day. šŸ’ž
I do believe that you're correct...I would not want to be at Leavenworth in Kansas. :lol:

Hi everyone! We've had quite a bit going on around here per usual, so not as much BYC time as I would like. We have another guest in our yard...a hen. She looks like some of my girls with missing back feathers. :( I haven't been able to get a picture of her yet. She's started hanging out over by our chicken pen. I expect to find her inside at some point. She has very upright tail feathers. She looks like she might be a Fayoumi or at least part.
I have found a peahen that I believe we will be getting. I think it will encourage our peacock to stick around. He really does seem to like our yard. I will share a picture of her if the lady will send me one. We will have to go pick her up, it's about 2 hours away, but before we do that we will have to convert the old chicken pen into a peafowl habitat. I can't believe I'm thinking about another project...I might need an intervention...šŸ˜
We will be gone for the next few days. Hubs is taking me on a getaway to a bed & breakfast for my birthday. The place is on a lake, so we will be taking our boat. I'm also taking the telescope, the owner is excited about it, there is an Eagles nest across the lake from their house, so we are hoping to get some good pictures. I will share if I get any.

Hi everyone! We've had quite a bit going on around here per usual, so not as much BYC time as I would like. We have another guest in our yard...a hen. She looks like some of my girls with missing back feathers. :( I haven't been able to get a picture of her yet. She's started hanging out over by our chicken pen. I expect to find her inside at some point. She has very upright tail feathers. She looks like she might be a Fayoumi or at least part.
I have found a peahen that I believe we will be getting. I think it will encourage our peacock to stick around. He really does seem to like our yard. I will share a picture of her if the lady will send me one. We will have to go pick her up, it's about 2 hours away, but before we do that we will have to convert the old chicken pen into a peafowl habitat. I can't believe I'm thinking about another project...I might need an intervention...šŸ˜
We will be gone for the next few days. Hubs is taking me on a getaway to a bed & breakfast for my birthday. The place is on a lake, so we will be taking our boat. I'm also taking the telescope, the owner is excited about it, there is an Eagles nest across the lake from their house, so we are hoping to get some good pictures. I will share if I get any.
Oooh. I love raptors! And pea hens. šŸ„° And Fayoumis. Shad will be so jealous. He was keen to get some. They seem to be related to Campines so might be rather wild & flighty ~ @ least to start with. I'd love to see a picture!

How wonderful - pea hens, new chickens, eagles, bed and breakfast. All wonderful!

Oooh. I love raptors! And pea hens. šŸ„° And Fayoumis. Shad will be so jealous. He was keen to get some. They seem to be related to Campines so might be rather wild & flighty ~ @ least to start with. I'd love to see a picture!
I really hope to get some raptor pictures for you.šŸ˜Š Sounds like the Fayoumis would be perfect for your flock...wild & flighty!šŸ’ž I'm not 100% certain that's what she is, but I will try to get a picture of her when we get back home! šŸ’—

How wonderful - pea hens, new chickens, eagles, bed and breakfast. All wonderful!
I know, we have so much going on right now! This will be an amazing getaway. We've never stayed at a bed and breakfast before & the chance to get some eagle pictures is so exciting.
I was just telling my husband my ideas for how to expand our old chicken coop & pig pen area for the peacocks. He's enjoying our new addition as much as I am.šŸ’ž I'm hoping once we get the peahen we will be able to get the peacock used to going inside, especially during the winter months.

I know, we have so much going on right now! This will be an amazing getaway. We've never stayed at a bed and breakfast before & the chance to get some eagle pictures is so exciting.
I was just telling my husband my ideas for how to expand our old chicken coop & pig pen area for the peacocks. He's enjoying our new addition as much as I am.šŸ’ž I'm hoping once we get the peahen we will be able to get the peacock used to going inside, especially during the winter months.
Do peafowl use coops? I realize I have often encountered them wandering around - but never thought about where they sleep.
Is it a coop you need or just somewhere to have food kept dry? My guess is he will sleep in the tree.

Do peafowl use coops? I realize I have often encountered them wandering around - but never thought about where they sleep.
Is it a coop you need or just somewhere to have food kept dry? My guess is he will sleep in the tree.
The tree is where I think he will sleep too, but they will need a protected area during the winter. No guarantee that they will use it, but I want to provide it anyway. They will have the ability to go in and out. I want to make it as tall as we can with high roosts to encourage its use. I still worry about the dog problem in our area.

The tree is where I think he will sleep too, but they will need a protected area during the winter. No guarantee that they will use it, but I want to provide it anyway. They will have the ability to go in and out. I want to make it as tall as we can with high roosts to encourage its use. I still worry about the dog problem in our area.
This is all very exciting!

Back
Top Bottom