Overheated symptoms at room temperature?! HELP

Grizzlepuff

In the Brooder
Jul 31, 2016
My chicken has overheated symptoms when it is not hot out. She is panting constantly, has watery poop, and is extremely lethargic. She is thirsty, and eats what is put in front of her. I found her sitting in the same spot the whole day and have brought her into my room for 3 days now with no change in condition. The only time she gets up, is to poop, then she sits down in it. She seems to stretch her wings down, but does not move her feet much. She has new feathers coming in. I gave her a dust bath and she attempted to clean her feathers a bit. She is eating scrambled eggs, coconut yogurt, and crushed up chicken feed. Her water has an eyedropper full of gatorade. I'm not so sure what else i can do. I do not want to put her down, but if no one else has seen this before or knows it's a sign of cancer and not heat stroke i may have to.
Please let me know

-Arianna

Do you have a fan that you could use to try and cool her down? Watery poop is relatively normal when chickens are hot, as they drink increased quantities of water. Keeping her in the coolest place possible and using a fan is all i can think of. Heres a link that may include other measures that you may wish to take.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/788391/keeping-chickens-cool-in-summer-heat

Good luck
CT

Back
Top Bottom