Parmesan-crusted Bagel Dog Recipe

CrazyCatNChickenLady

Songster
10 Years
Jan 23, 2010
Berry Creek, Ca
I was typing this out for my dad so I thought I would place it on here if some of you would like to try and make it!!!

4 C. flour
1 Tbls Sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. INSTANT yeast(I use the one for bread machines)
1 1/2 C. water
8 hotdogs, or sausage's, or my fav is cheddarwurst.
(I'm assuming you could do veggie dogs too??)

fresh shredded parmesan

Mix dry ingrediants in stand mixer using dough hook. Add water and mix for about 10 mins or until smooth. (can be done with your hands too I guess! just mix until smooth)

Divide into 8 pieces and form into balls. cover lightly with plastic wrap and let sit on counter for 10-20 mins.

(Now bring large pot 1/2 full of water to a boil.)
(preheat oven to 425* and spray cookie sheet.)

Take a ball of dough and stretch until its about 4" wide and 10"-12" long. wrap diagonally down starting at 1 end and overlap the dough about 1/2 way over the last wrap. press to seal (but leave ends kind of open). repeat with other 7 dogs.

Boil about 2 or 3 at a time for 1 1/2 mins each side.

Take out, drain slightly, and dip 1 (the top) side into parmesan. Place on cookie sheet parmesan side up and bake 20 minutes.

Dip in whatever but I like mine in ketchup and mustard!!

ALSO (Cream cheese and bacon stuffed bagels!!)
I do the same dough but instead of hotdogs I'll stretch it to the same size and put cooked bacon and cream cheese down the center and just wrap and seal good(no diagonal wrapping). Boil as stated above and bake 10 mins on each side.

OR (Ham and cheddar stuffed bagels)
Do that but do (fried)ham and cheddar... boil and bake 20 mins. I cannot get the ham/cheddar ones to stay completely sealed in the oven though, no matter WHAT I do!! they leak some cheese but they're still good because it gets all brown and crispy and yummy on the bottom!!

I recommend doubling the batch theirs countless things you could do with it. They also freeze and reheat really well in the microwave or oven!

Heck even make standard bagels too.. Shape after the first rise. then let rise again 20 mins. boil and bake 10 mins on each side for plain, or dip top in ANYTHING after boiling (sesame seeds, poppy seeds, italian seasoning and salt, dried garlic or onion, or any kind of cheese) and bake 20 mins.

This is a favorite in my house!! I never can seem make enough!!

Back
Top Bottom