Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
We just lost our hen that we got from NC that came from Joe in VA. Cat attack. Luckily we have chicks hatched from her and more eggs in incubator. Neighbor was feeding stray cats and now is not home enough to do it anymore more. So chickens are now on their menu. There son lost a hen also. Never thought it was a cat till I saw one here trying for mine. We are replacing our whole flock with new hatchings due to them being dog afraid. Now that we have a new farm dog there will be no more strange dogs here attacking our chickens.

I am just waiting now for warmer weather to put them outside in new chick pen. We will have a new coop or coops built this year too.

Hi everyone.. i put a add on CL 2 weeks ago looking for some speckled sussex..guy calls says he has 3 pullets so we set up place and time to meet just before hanging up he tells me he has a 8 week old trio of Partridge Rocks i didnt even know what they looked like.. soo i tell him to bring them so i could see em.. when i got off the phone i looked them up and was very happy with what i saw.. i purchased the SS's and the PR's for $7 each and i absolutely am thrilled with the PR's even more than the SS's that i was really wanting
celebrate.gif

Hi everyone.. i put a add on CL 2 weeks ago looking for some speckled sussex..guy calls says he has 3 pullets so we set up place and time to meet just before hanging up he tells me he has a 8 week old trio of Partridge Rocks i didnt even know what they looked like.. soo i tell him to bring them so i could see em.. when i got off the phone i looked them up and was very happy with what i saw.. i purchased the SS's and the PR's for $7 each and i absolutely am thrilled with the PR's even more than the SS's that i was really wanting
celebrate.gif

They are very nice looking!

You really scored on that purchase.
yesss.gif

Yes, they are going through the Dinosaur stage. Those feathers will molt out and they will look a bunch better in 3 or 4 weeks.

love.gif
They look very nice!

Thanks, Ron! I'll be patient while they outgrow their awkward stage.

Hate to tell you but you paid too much for hatchery birds. Those are not breeder stock. We have alot of people that buy from the hatcheirs and then resell them to other on CL and flea markets. I am the only one in the state that is breeding PR. I have sold to a few but not to those breeding as it has been pullets only.

Hate to tell you but you paid too much for hatchery birds. Those are not breeder stock. We have alot of people that buy from the hatcheirs and then resell them to other on CL and flea markets. I am the only one in the state that is breeding PR. I have sold to a few but not to those breeding as it has been pullets only.
you may be right about where he obtained them but that doesnt bother me at all..im sure he probably paid 2 to 3 dollars for each and fed them starter/grower for 7 weeks (we all know that is not cheap) so im pretty sure he had more than $7 in each of them.. they are healthy beautiful birds that i hope will bring me several years of eggs and enjoyment and im sure i will raise a few out of them so in my eyes im thinking i got a pretty good deal

Back
Top Bottom