Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
I took a couple of pictures of my two Partridge Rocks today. They were hatched in early February of this year.

They are very friendly and like to jump up to be with me when I work around the coop.

Ron

Haha, too cute. Looks like they like to chat, too. I just love the patterning on their chest feathers!

I took a couple of pictures of my two Partridge Rocks today. They were hatched in early February of this year.

They are very friendly and like to jump up to be with me when I work around the coop.

Ron
Beautiful birds. I love the markings on their feathers, I can see that my hens still have some growing to do since their wattles & combs are nowhere near as large as yours lol My hens are tolerant of me. They wont come to me but will come close if they know its feeding time. Very vocal as well.

He is a nice pet rooster. Not show worthy as he is not too standard for the breed. Looks like he has leghorn in breeding background do to body type. Tail set way too high back not long enough and body not long curved like a gravy bowl. He has that leghorn V shape. But with breeding that can be fixed.

He is a nice pet rooster. Not show worthy as he is not too standard for the breed. Looks like he has leghorn in breeding background do to body type. Tail set way too high back not long enough and body not long curved like a gravy bowl. He has that leghorn V shape. But with breeding that can be fixed.

Hi Cybercat,

Which Rooster? There is a picture of one a couple of pictures back?

Thank you!

Sorry thought I hit "". This was the one I was refering too.
Hello!

I've never shown any chickens before, but I was wondering what you all think of my partridge rock roo (his name is Clove) and whether or not he is show-worthy? I have to get rid of him because he has been fighting with one of my Dom roosters. We raise American Dominiques and Clove is the only non-Dom breed chicken we have. He is also a bit aggressive. I was thinking I could enter him in some shows with the intention of selling? I want him to go to a good home....

Here is a fairly recent pic. Only now after fighting is pretty beat up and lots of dried blood all over his face and comb :(

For those that are interested. In the Heritage thread there are some great pictures of some real nice PRs from some old lines. Right now it is second to last page.

Can anyone post pictures of a show quality partridge rock rooster from different angles? And give pointers on breeding for show?

Back
Top Bottom