Peafowl Medications

Two ml of Safeguard is good for eight pounds so about 1.25 ml would be about right for a 5+ lb bird. Safeguard is very safe and it would not hurt your hen at 10x's that dosage. I only use the liquid Corid so we will have to wait for Kathy to answer that question, but she will tell you an amount of powder to administer orally in the tube mix.

Corid powder dose for the one inside. Mix 1/2 teaspoon powder with 10ml of lukewarm water and give 2ml of that water orally. Make fresh daily. Do this in addition to medicating her drinking water at 1/2 teaspoon per quart.

-Kathy

Ok do I treat the others water with that same dosage (2tsp per gallon)?

I would. Actual powder dose is 1.5 teaspoons to 1.75 teaspoons per gallon, but I figured it would be easier just to use 1/2 teaspoon per quart. Fear not, Corid is very safe and I have used much more per gallon wih no I'll effects. Make sense?

How is the one that's inside?

-Kathy

She was honking and upset this morning missing her siblings....she was eating and drinking so I put her back outside with the others and gave her the 2 ml of corid along with the other meds and the others too with corid in their water too. She seems to be fine and still eating and drinking. Still kind of holding her neck into her shoulders a little though but not looking sick. could it be that it's cold maybe?
I did find some yellow poop but not 100% sure that it came from her since they're all together. All of the others are acting normal. Since I'm treating for worms, black head, and coccidiosis ...is there any other thing that it could be besides those things. I just want to make sure I've covered all the bases in hopes of not losing another one

Get baseline weights on all and re-weigh every 2-3 days. I would expect any sick ones to lose or not gain. They're still young, so they should make daily gains. Make sense?

-Kathy

Yep...
1f600.png
thanks sooo much for all of your help!

Is this something I should be giving the one that acts a little different daily or was it just 1 time thing? I checked poop under the roost pole in the new pen and couldn't find any yellow poop this morning.

Back
Top Bottom