Pekin Sexing

Here they are recognised as their own breed and they only come as bantams. Cochins are are different breed.

Out of curiosity I did some digging into the differences. Not trying to prove you wrong or me right, just curiosity. Pekins and Cochin bantams are the same breed just with different names depending on what country. The UK recognizes them as Pekins "as your well aware and stated" and the US recognizes them as Cochin bantams. Large breed Cochins however are not the same as Cochin bantams "just larger". Large breed Cochins and Cochin bantams "Pekins" have different breeding in their background/development. This I was totally unaware of and a little surprised. I always assumed Cochin bantams were bred down from the large breed.

Out of curiosity I did some digging into the differences. Not trying to prove you wrong or me right, just curiosity. Pekins and Cochin bantams are the same breed just with different names depending on what country. The UK recognizes them as Pekins "as your well aware and stated" and the US recognizes them as Cochin bantams. Large breed Cochins however are not the same as Cochin bantams "just larger". Large breed Cochins and Cochin bantams "Pekins" have different breeding in their background/development. This I was totally unaware of and a little surprised. I always assumed Cochin bantams were bred down from the large breed.

That’s cool and all but I don’t see how this helps in sexing them? Which is why I posted...

Update. 6 weeks and 5 days. Thoughts? @Gray Farms Still cockerels?

07FD6938-61D3-423A-A3AD-81BAE418B41F.jpeg
E098698C-7BD2-408E-8654-B31B2BB112F6.jpeg
D72ED8F7-9A9D-48B5-A42D-50556CC31470.jpeg
43B00F1F-0395-4C17-AFCF-0837A82C61D4.jpeg

Those chicks are 6 weeks old too.

Back
Top Bottom