Pics
Fast CAT is fun and easy, and I don't have biddable, trainable breeds - Nordic all the way (Siberian Husky & Finnish Spitz). Our Siberian was #2 in the country when we first started, and I never got a clean start with him because he was so very excited to start running. He got loose from me once, and ran the entire course without a lure because he just wants to run. Our main worry was that he'd just keep on running at the end and sail over the fence, but he hasn't tried that . . . yet!

Mixed breeds can compete.
Granger_10-27-18b.jpg

Fast CAT is fun and easy, and I don't have biddable, trainable breeds - Nordic all the way (Siberian Husky & Finnish Spitz). Our Siberian was #2 in the country when we first started, and I never got a clean start with him because he was so very excited to start running. He got loose from me once, and ran the entire course without a lure because he just wants to run. Our main worry was that he'd just keep on running at the end and sail over the fence, but he hasn't tried that . . . yet!

View attachment 2627353
You must be SO experienced then. What sports do you train your dogs?

View attachment 2627353
I’ve always wanted to try it! Haha I bet Brewster would love it 😂🤣

Update: I just worked on the jumps with my dog. He now could jump over a 1 foot pole. What’s the next step? Do I raise it?

Oh dog sport thread 👀

My dogs are all old now and retired, but I used to be active in IPO, agility, tracking, and OB. I even tried out herding for a while but it wasn’t a good fit.

I’m letting everyone have a peaceful retirement, so no new prospects for a while yet, but that future GSD wunderkind is out there waiting for me.

Update: I just worked on the jumps with my dog. He now could jump over a 1 foot pole. What’s the next step? Do I raise it?
Give him a running start, or have him follow hand cues to go over it when you're not right next to him, or have him run and jump it and come back to you....etc

Give him a running start, or have him follow hand cues to go over it when you're not right next to him, or have him run and jump it and come back to you....etc
Ooooh. Okay, I'll try that for tomorrow.
How does he know which jump to jump if there are multiple jumps?

Back
Top Bottom