Photo Critique Club

Post #1300 go look at it and vote below

• Total voters
What do y'all think of this photo?
View attachment 3698589
I love the concept. There are a few things mechanically I see that you could try to really make it pop.

1. The image is backlit and the sky is blown out (too bright) Some additional light from the front would help balance it out a bit (even on-camera flash is probably enough) or shoot with the sun on the front side of the flowers.

2. The chopped-off flower on the right needs to either be all there or not there. As it is, you have this big negative space gap on the right and the shot is weighted heavily to the left. Either crop it out and 'shop out that stem, or open your composition up a bit to get the whole thing in.

3. Your focus is slightly off and slightly soft. The sharpest focal point seems to be the bottom tip of the top bloom (so kinda the center of this image), but everything seems a bit soft. Part of that is the exposure difference making your flowers look dark as well. Again, some light on the front side will help here, and if there's a bit of a breeze it will help "freeze" the flowers to limit slight motion blurring from longer shutter speeds.

Easy things. With time and practice, they become more automatic and you have to think about them less.

Your birb is in nice focus shabs. I'm not of fan of the applied background blur thing on either iphone or android, they leave noticeable outlines around the subject and lack the gradual gradiation of the blurring that you get with mechanically created bokeh from a shallow DoF shot. It's a trade-off for convenience in a multitasker like a phone, but it's one of those "cannot un-see" things for me.

Can we see the un-blurred image? Are you OK sharing it?

Your birb is in nice focus shabs. I'm not of fan of the applied background blur thing on either iphone or android, they leave noticeable outlines around the subject and lack the gradual gradiation of the blurring that you get with mechanically created bokeh from a shallow DoF shot. It's a trade-off for convenience in a multitasker like a phone, but it's one of those "cannot un-see" things for me.

Can we see the un-blurred image? Are you OK sharing it?
I’m fine with sharing it!

I’m fine with sharing it!
1C1777F2-CE14-46CE-AAF2-46464176C590.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom