Photo Critique Club

Post #1300 go look at it and vote below

• Total voters
Pics
What about these two photos?? The sun is supposed to be in the first pic.
20220624_122401.jpg
20220624_122412.jpg

Decent but not super clear. Composition-wise it's kinda boring. It's cropped to basically just show the brown stairs.
I like the stairs, but they aren't level. They are on a slight angle. Love the adorable bird & I'm a big ivy fan. That being said, my pet peeve is the blown out highlights & whites. Anything white is a challenge to photograph. The problem with blown out whites & or highlights is the loss of detail. And a difficult problem to eradicate. Look at the difference in detail in the feathers highlighted in purple to pink.
img_1787-png.3161845.jpg

I like the stairs, but they aren't level. They are on a slight angle. Love the adorable bird & I'm a big ivy fan. That being said, my pet peeve is the blown out highlights & whites. Anything white is a challenge to photograph. The problem with blown out whites & or highlights is the loss of detail. And a difficult problem to eradicate. Look at the difference in detail in the feathers highlighted in purple to pink. View attachment 3161881
If it's any help, darken the highlights. That'll make a world a difference. Also deepening it a little might be fun. You should be able to straighten out the steps, but at this angle that the picture was taken, the slanted steps look about right. :)

If it's any help, darken the highlights. That'll make a world a difference. Also deepening it a little might be fun. You should be able to straighten out the steps, but at this angle that the picture was taken, the slanted steps look about right. :)
Well, in my experience, it's easier to lighten a dark image than regain detail from blown out white/highlights. If you know how to fix blown out details, I'm all ears.
That being said, when lightening you have to wary of too much grain. Another pet peeve of mine is grainy images. Just sayin ...

Last edited:
But did it have to be you? 😤I don't like it when my friends criticize me. I'd much prefer strangers do it. Or people like Kiki who aren't really my friend, since she considers herself very many levels of smartness and popularity above me.

Ignore me. I ramble.
Big Brother Fight GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

But did it have to be you? 😤I don't like it when my friends criticize me. I'd much prefer strangers do it. Or people like Kiki who aren't really my friend, since she considers herself very many levels of smartness and popularity above me.

Ignore me. I ramble.
Let me catch up correctly.

@EmmaRainboe What is this nutter saying?

That I'm not her friend?

Back
Top Bottom