picture of our Rooster (unknown breed) and our two Cochin

Now you have to show me pics of yours!
I have a few more I will post, but they are from May, stormed all day here!

Quote:
So beautiful! Thank you. In Australia we have a bantam chicken called a pekin, which look just like cochins. There is debate about whether or not they are related.

Ha, that's funny. It stormed all day here too, and I'm in a different hemisphere. Here is my little pekin, whom I call The Dowager. She is the one (obviously) on the right. Her and Lucy, the red hen, used to be best friends. When Lucy got sick, the Dowager would cuddle up to her. So sweet.

Dowie_and_Lucy.jpg

Really pretty hens! I love that little black one! Is Lucy okay now? I have not posted new pics today, got busy! Will soon! Thanks for sharing! The red hen reminds a bit of our cochin!

Quote:

Lucy Rose is an 'Isa Brown' whatever that means breed wise.
roll.png
She's not hanging with the Dowager any more because we got a rooster - the Dowager is terrified of the rooster (who is only a bantam) so she hangs out in her special pekin place with her friend.

Lucy is still under the Dowager in the pecking order. I put her in the pen with the Dowager the other day, and the Dowager grabbed Lucy Rose by the wattle for eating too much. It was hilarious. Lucy just hung her head, like 'yes boss' and...went back to eating! I swear she's a feathered pig!

That is too cute! A good story to share with my son, he is small for his age and would be good for him to hear even in animals size does not always matter! They are beauties....
We have had a bad day yesterday, my husband went out to the coop to do the afternoon check for feed and water and one of our Plymouth Barred Rock was laying in the coop dead, no sign of predators or anything, looks like she just went to sleep. Only about five months old and no signs of distress with the rest of our flock. Trying to figure out what happened!

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom