Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

I love the yokohama too. I have them separated into separate flocks, though the babies get to mix and mingle until I pick out my keepers. All my oddball birds live with my yokohama too because the yokos flock is easy to add new birds to. They do well with bantam roos as well if the bantam isn't too aggressive. Just no bantam hens with the yokos.

I have been trying to mix Olandsk with yoko but so far no luck. I have two little roos with (I think) the same color genes as my red shoulder yokos. So I made a small breeding flock with them. I know the roosters will keep trying...they just might be too small to succeed. 😂 Wish they had the bantam yokos in the U.S.!

I do have pictures! No recent ones but here's some old pictures. I don't show, so none of mine have the crazy long feathers. The people I know who do show keep their long tailed roos as single birds in round pens to preserve those tail feathers. In a flock those feathers get stepped on etc 😂 The ladies have pretty amazing tails too! Below are almost all hens. I'm also not a serious breeder...my birds only have to please me 😃View attachment 3720460View attachment 3720467View attachment 3720473View attachment 3720476View attachment 3720485View attachment 3720498
And last is one of the dwarf roos I'm hoping will make some pretty, miniature, yokoish babies for me. His tails only down for balance, but someday...🤞❤️View attachment 3720546
Congrats on POW! Sure are some beautiful birds!

I love the yokohama too. I have them separated into separate flocks, though the babies get to mix and mingle until I pick out my keepers. All my oddball birds live with my yokohama too because the yokos flock is easy to add new birds to. They do well with bantam roos as well if the bantam isn't too aggressive. Just no bantam hens with the yokos.

I have been trying to mix Olandsk with yoko but so far no luck. I have two little roos with (I think) the same color genes as my red shoulder yokos. So I made a small breeding flock with them. I know the roosters will keep trying...they just might be too small to succeed. 😂 Wish they had the bantam yokos in the U.S.!

I do have pictures! No recent ones but here's some old pictures. I don't show, so none of mine have the crazy long feathers. The people I know who do show keep their long tailed roos as single birds in round pens to preserve those tail feathers. In a flock those feathers get stepped on etc 😂 The ladies have pretty amazing tails too! Below are almost all hens. I'm also not a serious breeder...my birds only have to please me 😃View attachment 3720460View attachment 3720467View attachment 3720473View attachment 3720476View attachment 3720485View attachment 3720498
And last is one of the dwarf roos I'm hoping will make some pretty, miniature, yokoish babies for me. His tails only down for balance, but someday...🤞❤️View attachment 3720546
CONGRATULATIONS @ChicksnMore for POW! You have a beautiful flock! 🥰

Congratulations on the POW! 🎊

Cayenne is very thankful that my brother is bringing home lettuce from the kitchen he works in
IMG_0656.jpeg

Congrats on pow! Such lovely chickens.

Congratulations on POW. Those are stunningly elegant birds and the POW picture is beautifully composed.
Amazing!
🥰

Congratulations on the POW, your Yokohamas are beautiful!

Congrats on the POW! Lovely representatives of their noble breed

Congrats on POW! Sure are some beautiful birds!

CONGRATULATIONS @ChicksnMore for POW! You have a beautiful flock! 🥰

Congratulations on the POW! 🎊

Congrats on pow! Such lovely chickens.
Thank you! What a wonderful surprise when I logged in today! 🥰

Congratulations!!!

Congrats @ChicksnMore - your beautiful pic is this week's POW winner and is featured on our homepage! :wee

Back
Top Bottom