Pigeon Adventures

Pics
I treated all my pigeons and my chickens for feather lice (I haven’t seen any, but I’m afraid that they’re the reason for Neet Neet’s scruffy looking shoulder feathers). Most of them were content to sit in the warm permethrin bath and glare at me while I held them still… except the white pigeons. Both of them didn’t stop squirming until I took them out of the bath. Neet Neet was also very dramatic. Since he is very small and has short little legs, his only way to rebel is to stretch his neck out then pull it back in. :lol: And, funnily enough, my chickens were even worst than the pigeons— they were acting like I was trying to waterboard them.

In the past I’ve just used the spray bottle for permethrin, but then there were mites left over (after the 2nd treatment) so now I use the bath and if it’s a cold night I bring the pigeons and chickens inside.
Mugshots:
View attachment 3377484View attachment 3377485View attachment 3377486View attachment 3377487View attachment 3377488View attachment 3377489
Yeah, I bathe for mites too. It’s the most effective, even if you have to bathe whole flocks.
My pigeons suddenly like each other for some reason. They were both cooing and spreading their tails.

Peace at last, Biffster will protect you with his very intimidating noises, Gill!
121BA210-A2A9-4661-AC66-FF23EC676245.jpeg
DC02C3AE-0E95-43AB-9CE4-4A8E8D116B05.jpeg

And breakfast!
C0BACEEC-2FCC-46EF-809B-28C3EAB80560.jpeg

It would be funny if they paired up. :p Does Gill act like a male?
It would be. Gill seems more shy than Biff but he has pecked him back once, surprisingly. I’m not sure which is the dominant male anymore, even though it used to be Biff for so long. Biff just isn’t scared of me at all.

Only, he doesn’t want to be caught or touched.
Neet Neet is the same way when he’s in the aviary. He grunts and rockets away when I try to pick him up so I have to nod to him and get him to start dancing first. Gets him every time. :lol: But, he does NOT like to be held and will wriggle even more than the less tame pigeons. He’s like a cat; he likes to play fight and be pet, but he does not want you to pick him up or hold him for too long.

Neet Neet is the same way when he’s in the aviary. He grunts and rockets away when I try to pick him up so I have to nod to him and get him to start dancing first. Gets him every time. :lol: But, he does NOT like to be held and will wriggle even more than the less tame pigeons. He’s like a cat; he likes to play fight and be pet, but he does not want you to pick him up or hold him for too long.
Cats are funny. They love cuddling and physical touch and will let you pick them up but will not like it. In my family we always pick Shiloh up and carry him to our spot on the couch and he smacks his lips in frustration but doesn’t fight it. Then he squirms away as soon as you let go. When it comes to cats, cuddling is on their terms. They will tolerate handling because we tolerate them and their antics but they don’t love it.
He actually likes being brushed, depending on where and how tangled it is.

Also he loves belly rubs and won’t fight you unless he’s in a playful mood, which is rare in a cat. He doesn’t mind being touched anywhere
3942DEB1-B010-464B-B699-8212AFF0C450.jpeg

As you can imagine, he’s very laid back.

Cats are funny. They love cuddling and physical touch and will let you pick them up but will not like it. In my family we always pick Shiloh up and carry him to our spot on the couch and he smacks his lips in frustration but doesn’t fight it. Then he squirms away as soon as you let go. When it comes to cats, cuddling is on their terms. They will tolerate handling because we tolerate them and their antics but they don’t love it.
He actually likes being brushed, depending on where and how tangled it is.
My cats are friendly and love attention but will bite you if they’re overstimulated (aka if you pet them too long). It’s not really their fault, they were raised without siblings so they don’t know that biting is bad. XD
Also he loves belly rubs and won’t fight you unless he’s in a playful mood, which is rare in a cat. He doesn’t mind being touched anywhere
View attachment 3379807
As you can imagine, he’s very laid back.
That picture is hilarious :lau Neet Neet is the opposite of that, he only tolerates being pet on the back of the neck or the top of his head. If you touch his chest, back, or the front of the neck he will ATTACK. However, once he’s in a cuddly mood he’ll sit there and let you pet his neck feathers as long as you want to.

Back
Top Bottom