Pigeon Adventures

View attachment 3723621
Kormorners have big heads and small bodies
No wonder I like them so much, they give me d'Anvers vibes
Genuine Homers look to me like aliens that are trying very hard to look like ordinary pigeons but they got a few details off and they look fake.
Also, why is genuine in the name? That's sus.
https://www.pigeontype.info/2018/01/31/genuine-homer-pigeons/
If that’s the d’anvers pigeon, is this the d’uccle pigeon?
IMG_7714.jpeg

They really went for it with those white pearl eyes on the homers :lol:
Most attractive to me are typically the color pigeons.
Just a basic pigeon but with extra pizzaz. Usually the only difference in shape between them and street pigeons is that they are a little more refined.
What’s considered a color pigeon? I’m imagining something like a lace homer.

If that’s the d’anvers pigeon, is this the d’uccle pigeon? View attachment 3724184

They really went for it with those white pearl eyes on the homers :lol:

What’s considered a color pigeon? I’m imagining something like a lace homer.
Haha, I guess so.
They really did go for it. It’s funny because pearl eyes used to be my favorite because so striking! But now I like the opposite. Black. I think pearl is good still but those Homers were already falling into the uncanny valley before they did that.
Colorful homers are still considered flying types.
Color pigeons are pigeons bred primarily for color. They are supposed to have extra vibrant feathers.
Also, they can be extra specific. What separates one breed from the next will be simply how white is distributed on the bird. I don’t know what it is with pigeons and white markings but the combinations are seemingly endless. Unlike chickens where you can’t get a bird with a black body and white neck and tail, pigeons seem to isolate whichever body part you want colored…
Therefore, some of the color pigeons make you scratch your head and wonder why someone wanted a regular pigeon with a few white flecks on their head.
https://www.pigeontype.info/category/colour-pigeons/
(I have looked at every pigeon on pigeontype at least once…)
Difference between chicken colors and pigeon colors is…
If you give a child a coloring page with a pigeon on it and 4 possible pigeon colors, she might create is a possible pigeon color.
Meanwhile if you give a child a chicken and 4 possible chicken colors, the colors might be far more vibrant but whatever she creates probably isn’t possible.

If you want a fun read, look up the Pigeon Genetics Newsletter! It’s got so much interesting info! I only wish I knew how to subscribe to it so I could stay up to date.

Back
Top Bottom