Pigeon Bulletin Board?

I understand their thinking since many peeps that train their dogs, do shoot the pigeons as they fly away. In my Craig's List, I often find ads with pigeons for sale. These are barn ferals that farmers sell. They go for a very low asking price. It is also stated with ad that "DOES NOT CONCERN ME WHAT YOU DO WITH THEM"
These are SINGLE USE PIGEONS. If peeps did not continue buying these, that person (farmer) would not keep advertising them.:hit
If you could get your hands on some ferals, keep them prisoner and hatch out the young. The young will end up returning to your loft. Some of the original feral parents may also homeset to your loft after a few clutches hatched.
Most feral pigeons are homing pigeons BTW. Some of the other varieties that escape and try a feral lifestyle probably do not survive long. JMO

The wait is not that long of a stretch to get the correct birds for your needs. :thumbsup

I may get blasted for this (no pun intended), but I don't see anything wrong with shooting the pigeons. I mean, that's kind of the end goal here; for the birds being hunted anyway. I would have a problem with people not taking care of or letting their dogs hurt the pigeons. I'm not a vegetarian, though.

I'm in a bit of a time crunch as far as getting my dog trained on time, that's why I'm in a hurry. I might just have to drive a few miles down the road to my friend's to trap some pigeons that make her indoor arena their home. That way, when they fly away, I can just go back and trap some more and then I can take my time finding pigeons that I want. ;-)

I had a similar issue. As of this time yesterday one had hatched completely and the other had poked through and was beginning to do so but as of today it was still in the egg. I got worried and just as I went out to assist it hatched. Perhaps the mother had been ingesting too much calcium, or maybe this squab was just a "slow and steady" type.
So has it hatched yet?

:(
Screenshot_20190912-220608.png

Back
Top Bottom