Pigeon Bulletin Board?

Pics
Yes no problems especially if you are not concerned about them cross breeding. My vote is to get racing pigeons.
All six are racers. Although the new five haven't been used in races as far as I know, just breeding. But I'll give it some time and see how it goes. It would be better if they can all be released AND return!

Update on recent babies...
#734 and #735 at 16 days. fat and sassy they both weigh 380g. These are being raised by two parents.
P1010304.JPG

#736 at 17 days is their half sibling, being raised by the hen and appears scrawny by comparison at 310g. Looks to be a red like mom.:)
P1010306.JPG

Today, for the first time I saw the moms feeding the babies, all three!:yesss:
I do not believe dad is helping to feed #736:barnie Wondering if I should try to supplement...?

Let mom do the job herself. If it grows just a lil bit slower, it's not a big issue. Soon junior will be feeding on his own and can catch up.
Which is the one you were nursing/feeding from the alternative style pigeons???
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...-feeding-indoors.1248976/page-2#post-20066340
I fed him pretty good I guess, he's bigger than the 45 day olds! lol

eta - the 2 bad mommys laid 4 more eggs in their new nest box. I was going to replace all 4 with fakes but 'my heart was softened'...or my brain :lauand I left them one real egg for a second try.

Last edited:
Let mom do the job herself. If it grows just a lil bit slower, it's not a big issue. Soon junior will be feeding on his own and can catch up.

I will be interested to see the final size on him or her. The dad is my biggest bird - huuuge! - and the mom is my second biggest.
Thanks for your advice! :)

Excitement at the loft this morning - bottom line is I have at least one real homer! :celebrate My first release was inadvertent...slipped out the door
P1010310.JPG
P1010312.JPG
P1010313.JPG
P1010314.JPG
P1010315.JPG
as I entered the loft. I did not realize Doba was behind me and I believe I just startled her. The last pic shows the board I put up to remind her how to get back, Is way too steep and I wish I had a pic of her scrambling up it with wing assist!:lol: She was outside less than 30 minutes.

So, @KikisGirls does this ease your worry? ... it does mine.:D:)

@Hokum Coco I was doing so well closing the door until today:oops:. I'm kind of happy it happen tho, especially since she came back to her baby and her mate who was calling her frantically.

Back
Top Bottom