Pigeon Bulletin Board?

Pics
To the best of my knowledge the pigeon cere should remain white. Some will develop a larger cere as they age and some breeds have ceres that are very large and knarly looking, example English Carrier pigeon. Their stance reminds me of the game breeds in chickens.

Being unfamiliar with all the different varieties of pigeons, that’s why I asked. Interesting little details fascinate me. :D

Here are some of my thoughts and observations on the video.
This is a LARGE size loft with about 100 possible birds. I liked how some of the nesting compartments have a 2 position grate, and door option. I assume that when wanted to breed a pair, the Grate/door can be moved to outside edge, giving more room inside nest area for prisoned birds.
It looks like the loft is a long time operations with modifications done throughout the years.
Not all his birds looked all that pretty to me. Those LARGE CERE pigeons remind me of peeps that have a cauliflower nose. I knew some that had that condition. It was assumed that it was from Large Quantity Alcohol Consumption. Alcohols is not the cause of it, as the condition is identified.( Rhinophyma) BTW the friends that I personally knew, did seem to ingest and enjoyed alcohol.(just coincidence:idunno). They also did not have means to have corrective surgery ether.:(
The video went like 12 minutes and only showed the inside of loft and the birds. I was waiting for,,,,,,,,,,:old about after 5 minutes,,,,,:old would have been good to show the whole kit flying outside. Guy knows pigeons, but is weak on video production.
In my liking,,,,,,,:love I like the ones seen at 11:25 for a short while.:love

Pigeon watching in Poland, pretty birds.:)

That's neat..:love
To the best of my knowledge the pigeon cere should remain white. Some will develop a larger cere as they age and some breeds have ceres that are very large and knarly looking, example English Carrier pigeon. Their stance reminds me of the game breeds in chickens.

Ok.. not sure about those.. they kinda creep me out a bit. :oops:

Have you checked dobas wing @biophiliac? How is she looking?
Not really, I have an appt with a vet next thurs to assess. I hope to learn something then, including how to properly examine the wing for injuries. I now think she might have injured the wing first and then got scalped when the cockbird was trying to drive her back to the nest and she was unable to fly up there. I know better than to assume the obvious wound was all there was. I should have checked her out better at the beginning. Yesterday 2 of my young birds were taken by hawks, feathers and blood in both spots. They are all staying in today of course. Including Interloper... you must think I'm nuts to let a feral in like that. Anyway, it's been an eventful week.

What's up in your loft?:)

Not really, I have an appt with a vet next thurs to assess. I hope to learn something then, including how to properly examine the wing for injuries. I now think she might have injured the wing first and then got scalped when the cockbird was trying to drive her back to the nest and she was unable to fly up there. I know better than to assume the obvious wound was all there was. I should have checked her out better at the beginning. Yesterday 2 of my young birds were taken by hawks, feathers and blood in both spots. They are all staying in today of course. Including Interloper... you must think I'm nuts to let a feral in like that. Anyway, it's been an eventful week.

What's up in your loft?:)
:hugs Im glad you can get her seen.. hope its nothing that cant be easily fixed!:fl
Soooo sorry about the 2 young ones.. yer just havin a time lately! :hit

So Interloper is in the loft now?? :D
Or did I misunderstand?:pop

Back
Top Bottom