Pigeon Bulletin Board?

Pics
The oops babies were out in the aviary today and under natural light #744 has some dark bronze color that I haven't seen in any of my birds before. I'll try to get a pic later. Too bad I don't have more room, this pair makes some beautiful birds...except that 744 is a bit behind in growth. Side by side you would not say they were nest mates.

The oops babies were out in the aviary today and under natural light #744 has some dark bronze color that I haven't seen in any of my birds before. I'll try to get a pic later. Too bad I don't have more room, this pair makes some beautiful birds...except that 744 is a bit behind in growth. Side by side you would not say they were nest mates.
I have a problem with that also. My birds dont "hover" over their first egg they will often brood it right away. So i often have two dif sized squabs in the nest.

I have a problem with that also. My birds dont "hover" over their first egg they will often brood it right away. So i often have two dif sized squabs in the nest.
This was the first time for me. I hope now that he is starting to eat on his own he'll be fine. I did notice him walking funny- kept lifting his right leg and shaking it like he had something stuck to his foot. I hope it's nothing serious. It doesnt prevent him from getting around so far.

Random video...impressive aviary!

Nice! Some very pretty birds. I really like those fantails.
What was the larger blue bird with the big Mohawk peacock-like headgear? And the tiny blue ones with the yellow chests were gorgeous! Beautiful sanctuary they have. (Although I thought one near the end looked dead in the yard, I hope it was just a few sunbathing together lol)

Nice! Some very pretty birds. I really like those fantails.
What was the larger blue bird with the big Mohawk peacock-like headgear? And the tiny blue ones with the yellow chests were gorgeous! Beautiful sanctuary they have. (Although I thought one near the end looked dead in the yard, I hope it was just a few sunbathing together lol)

Big blue mohawk bird is a pigeon :) A very big one. I saw some at a zoo this summer. They're Victoria Crowned pigeons.

Or maybe also a blue-crowned, since I think those look very similar. There might be more that look very similar too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom