Pigeon Talk

Unfortunately the first one has string wrapped around both his feet and will probably lose them if I don’t catch him.View attachment 2818280
I caught him!
C3AD4BB4-84FF-4F5B-BE5C-987D533B6275.jpeg
5B4F46FF-8958-4279-ACCE-822A29AF614B.jpeg
E58A4EF3-CE72-4794-B0C1-C6E24C9F2422.jpeg

Holy cow!
I had a serama rooster that somehow got ahold of the string that I pulled off the feed bag and got it wrapped around his legs. But it wasn’t nearly that bad! Did you get it all cut out? How did you catch him?
Yeah, the string’s been there for a while. I haven’t gotten it all out yet- I brought him home to try and get the rest. I caught him the same way I caught the other one, it isn’t too hard when they’re focused on food.
I’m probably just going to catch him by hand, since a trap is likely to be filled with random ferals. :lol: I caught the last one by pinning it to the ground with one hand while it was distracted by food.

Welcome aboard the pigeon train! That little one will be quite happy in your duck pen, though you might want to look for a friend for him/her. Is that tree inside the netting? Totally awesome!
Oops, I missed this!
Thank you! I think I found a guy who raises them, I'm just waiting to hear back. I'd love to get him a friend.
The netting rests on top of the telephone pole, however I did plant a couple little Russian Olive trees inside!

Also, I am a bit concerned about him. His crop never fully empties, not even overnight! I wait about 2 hours between feedings during the day usually. His crop isn't blocked I don't think though. He poops frequently and his poops look good too.
Here are some pics I took this morning before feeding him anything.
IMG_20210905_194114918.jpg
IMG_20210905_194104563.jpg

I'm feeding him Kaytee Exact Handfeeding Formula.

Had a kind of strange thing happen today. A farmer about 60 miles away found a pigeon I lost during a loft fly over a year ago deceased on his property and gave me a call. The band number matched up, but he said the pigeon also had a blank colored band (I assume a snap-on) which I definitely did not put on the bird. Maybe he joined up with somebody else’s flock, and the owner put another band on him to distinguish :confused:

Qwerty3159

That farmer was a nicer person than the pigeon coop owner that decided to keep him.

Maybe it was a new person, who did not know how to locate you,,,,(the owner of pigeon) :old :idunno :idunno :idunno

This is just me,,,,,, since I didn't have any HIGH DOLLAR racing stock,,
If I lost a pigeon on a loft flight,, (not a release) and someone contacted me not far away,, that pigeon entered their loft,, I would offer to let that person keep pigeon if they desired.

My feelings about pigeons,,, If don't like this loft, and prefer other,,
Want pigeon to be happy, and stay where choose.

Back
Top Bottom