Pigeon Talk

Well now I have a dilemma, of the good variety, lol. He has no silver cocks, so I was thinking I would just get another pair from him. What I wanted to do is either a black hen and a blue cock, OR he has a pair of this gorgeous color called cream yellow bar. I want them but I'm not too sure if breeding the offspring from them with other colors will work.

But look how pretty they are :love

52544870_630528220711426_2772939269797314560_n.jpg

Well now I have a dilemma, of the good variety, lol. He has no silver cocks, so I was thinking I would just get another pair from him. What I wanted to do is either a black hen and a blue cock, OR he has a pair of this gorgeous color called cream yellow bar. I want them but I'm not too sure if breeding the offspring from them with other colors will work.

Very pretty! Are all their beaks that long? I hadn’t noticed it before.

In other news, I checked Shadow’s eggs tonight. One egg was collapsed. Not broken, but the shell must have been soft/weak and was crunched in. The other egg looked infertile, so since they’ve only been there a few days, I went ahead and pulled both eggs, thinking it may take her a few days to lay another if I just took the one that was messed up.
Can/will they eat oyster shell? I’ve given her some layer feed, along with her regular feed sometimes, but not every day.

Not my bird but my picture. They can see just fine in front of themselves when showing and then when relaxed they can somewhat see to the sides as well.. These bird is an Almond Jacobin I saw at the BCPPA show.

View attachment 1678921

They are odd looking, but look at that beautiful face! :love
I wouldn’t mind having some of those.

Very pretty! Are all their beaks that long? I hadn’t noticed it before.

In other news, I checked Shadow’s eggs tonight. One egg was collapsed. Not broken, but the shell must have been soft/weak and was crunched in. The other egg looked infertile, so since they’ve only been there a few days, I went ahead and pulled both eggs, thinking it may take her a few days to lay another if I just took the one that was messed up.
Can/will they eat oyster shell? I’ve given her some layer feed, along with her regular feed sometimes, but not every day.

Yep, they have longer beaks. Lol, but anything would look long compared to the beaks on your frills! :p Well, almost anything. There are some breeds that practically don't have a beak at all.

In other news, I had a look at the genetics, found out how the colors worked, discovered I could actually make sex links breeding the yellow bars to silvers, and decided to go with a cream yellow bar pair.

your the one looking at them everyday, so it's up to you! (Although we will need to have lots of pics!) It is a very pretty one though! Do you want variety or want consistancy?

That is beautiful indeed!!
Wow. Hard choice!

Not my bird but my picture. They can see just fine in front of themselves when showing and then when relaxed they can somewhat see to the sides as well.. These bird is an Almond Jacobin I saw at the BCPPA show.

View attachment 1678921
Ok I like that one :lol:
I can see it's head. :p

Back
Top Bottom