Pigeon Talk

Ok what’s going on here?
Pigeons can be pets?
How do I acquire them?
Do they have to be locked up in a cage or will they stay on my property?
I thought I was a chicken guy but I want to learn about pigeons now.
Pigeons are fantastic birds. They're very smart. The best way to get pigeons is to try and find a breeder who has some youngsters that haven't been flown. This way there is a good chance they will set to your loft. If they are older and have been flown it can be a lengthy process to get them to set. Even then they can still decide to fly to there original home. What type of pigeons do you want? There are so many different breeds so it all depends on what you want from them. Satinettes are a popular choice and are fairly easy to tame but can't they fly like the homing pigeon as they can get lost if they fly too far away from home. Pigeons will be better in a loft with an aviary but some people have them as house pets and do quite well with them.

Ok what’s going on here?
Pigeons can be pets?
How do I acquire them?
Do they have to be locked up in a cage or will they stay on my property?
I thought I was a chicken guy but I want to learn about pigeons now.

Howdy and Welcome aboard! Pigeons are fascinating!! Much depends on which variety of pigeons you decide to get.

This link has some great pics of different varieties, there are tons!! You might also check around your area Craigslist, Facebook, etc. to see what might be available near you.

Back
Top Bottom