Pigeon Talk

Banded her leg this morning, so I took the opportunity to take some pics.
64E77841-DA35-4678-BD8E-5500EA347301.jpeg

DE95C126-E387-4FA0-9729-A042FB16E79D.jpeg
2B777327-556F-4B5F-940F-31367E323200.jpeg

This may or may not be true,,, Many peeps post things to Various forums sometimes for reasons not totally understood.. In other words,,,, just LIES. :old :idunno

Someone that knows my involvement with pigeons sent me this.
Of course criminals will try anything that will get their evil deed accomplished:mad:

:mad::mad:
1 037.jpg

This may or may not be true,,, Many peeps post things to Various forums sometimes for reasons not totally understood.. In other words,,,, just LIES. :old :idunno

Someone that knows my involvement with pigeons sent me this.
Of course criminals will try anything that will get their evil deed accomplished:mad:

:mad::mad:View attachment 2907706

I know what site that screenshot was from, so I went looking and found the original article:

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/article/pigeon-caught-smuggling-drugs-in-kuwait

Sadly, I found Bugsy's little squeaker dead this morning. Bugsy had been bringing her out during the day, she was weaning, and looking great. I guess Bugsy stopped sitting with her at night though, as I would find her out on the ground at dusk/dark. I kept putting her back in the nest. Not sure if our cold snaps have been too hard on her, or if Bugsy just tried to wean her too quickly? Bummer.

Last pic I took, just 2 days ago...
IMG_5268.jpg

I'm sorry to say that one half of the Kiwi and Peach duo is gone :(
Last week someone (I wasn't home) left the loft door open and the pigeons were out and when I got home Peach was missing. I assume he got taken by a hawk because I know he wouldn't fly off without alone without his mate. Now I just have two pigeons left, Kiwi and her daughter, Iris. Kiwi doesn't seem to affected, but I'm wondering if I should get her a new mate?

Peach was probably my favorite pigeon, he would fly to me whenever I opened the door and nibble my fingers. He was the best mate and father he could be, and raised many squabs. I'm going to miss that stinker :hit

At my previous house I had setup a utility sink in the basement so I could bring waterers in overnight during the winter. The new house I don’t have the same setup and my wife wasn’t happy with them just on the basement floor so I bought some 2 gallon pales from Home Depot and made some that I could just smack the bottom and have it fallout rather than having to let it thaw. Was less than half the price of one from foys without shipping costs as well. This is the first one I made, but the 3 I made after have a little bit deeper bottom so they hold a bit more.

Attachments

• 631D8FEB-7628-4069-B75D-4488D193D654.jpeg
    631D8FEB-7628-4069-B75D-4488D193D654.jpeg
    436.1 KB · Views: 4
At my previous house I had setup a utility sink in the basement so I could bring waterers in overnight during the winter. The new house I don’t have the same setup and my wife wasn’t happy with them just on the basement floor so I bought some 2 gallon pales from Home Depot and made some that I could just smack the bottom and have it fallout rather than having to let it thaw. Was less than half the price of one from foys without shipping costs as well. This is the first one I made, but the 3 I made after have a little bit deeper bottom so they hold a bit more.
Do you have electricity access near your loft?? If so, then I can offer some suggestions. I know pigeons need deep water to drink from,, They will not use nipples. Can show you what worked for me during winter.

Do you have electricity access near your loft?? If so, then I can offer some suggestions. I know pigeons need deep water to drink from,, They will not use nipples. Can show you what worked for me during winter.
No access to electricity, hoping to get to that next year but figured this was the next best thing. They are almost 4 inches deep and haven’t had one empty by the time it has froze so they are working decently

Back
Top Bottom