Pipping?

KBauza

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2018
Today is the start of our lockdown so we took out the turner and candles our eggs, not that there was much to see but there were a couple that had stopped developing so they were removed. Anyhow, as I was candling I felt a rough patch on one of my eggs. Upon further inspection we noticed a tiny chip in the shell. It seems to be on track but it's not like you can see much when candling them at this point. Could it really be pipping or is there something wrong with it?

Attachments

• IMG_4611.JPG
    IMG_4611.JPG
    246.6 KB · Views: 19
Is to normal that it hasn't progressed? We can hear chirping from inside the eggs, even over the fan noise. I can't be sure exactly which ones are making noise though so I'm not sure if it's the same egg or not.

Sometimes it takes up to 24 hours to zip, like a pregnant mom laboring that long. Make sure humidity is up 65%-75%, good luck, it’s always exciting to see hatching eggs.

Oh my gosh!! There's a second one! I'm so excited, I can't wait to show the kids!!

Thank you all for your guidance! I will let you all know how we progress!

Is it normal for the shell to be stuck to the chick? It is stuck to her bottom and she is dragging it around smacking all the other eggs. She is very vocal although uncoordinated.
** she might be a he, I honestly have no clue but I'm hoping for hens.

Attachments

• IMG_4616.JPG
    IMG_4616.JPG
    323.7 KB · Views: 14

Back
Top Bottom